Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Moving but not moving on

Deciding to move from the house we made all our memories with our sweet girl was one of the hardest decision I could of ever made. But, it was time to go. Jackson is in pre-school, actually next year he will be in Pre-K (can you even believe that?). As a teacher, I am pretty picky as to what school my children go to. I want to best of the best (can you blame me). The school in our old neighborhood wasn't my top pic, so it was time to start looking for new homes. We started looking for homes in the neighborhood I wanted to be in. They were a little over our price point, but not to much. We looked for weeks and on a whim I decided to go to an open house. James was running late and I decided to go to the open house alone. It was nearly time for it to be over so I was going to go in quickly and  go on home. Little did I know I would be there for hours crying with the listing agent bonding over my daughter.
I don't even recall what I was saying. I do remember I was telling the listing agent I had a daughter who passed away from SIDS. As I was speaking she stopped me and said, "Is your daughters name Madison?". Those simple words stopped me right in my tracks. I said, "Yes..." I thought she was going to tell me she was a blog follower, but I was so wrong. Come to find out her son was at the same babysitters house when our sweet Maddie passed away. She sat and told me the whole story of that day from her perspective. It was hard to hear but I wanted to hear it. I needed to know how the babysitter felt, what she did, what the police did, how was everyone acting ......everything that happed that day. We sat and cried together as she told me every detail that she recalled.  I knew from that second this was the right home for us. I always told James I had to have a special feeling a "sign" to know it was ok to move, and there is was bright and clear. Maddie was telling me it was ok.
You know, we had many memories in that home but those memories wont stay there. They are in our heads and in our hearts. Maddie is always with us no matter where we go and what we do.
It didn't make it any easier  when it was time to finally leave our old home for the last time, but it did make it easier. 

3 comments:

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

wow, words can't even describe that "fate" encounter. Can't wait to see pictures and welcome back!

Lacey said...

Your are a very strong women, never doubt that or forget that. I pray God rains down his blessings to your sweet little family as you start this new chapter in this new house.

Chris said...

I look at your blog everyday, I'm so glad you are writing again.

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.