Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today we met our other angel..

Today was a great day (2 great days in a row)..WooHOO!!!

Meg came to see us today (she drove 4 1/2 hours!!!!!!!). She is my "other" guardian angel. I think Maddie sent her. Meg heard about Maddie from a boutique she knows. She read our story and wanted to help. Meg, a stranger (at the time), contacted me and told me she wanted to help. She set up the Tiny Wings auction. We had tons of donations for the auction. We couldn't believe it, all of these strangers wanted to do all of this for us! We were blown away, and still are! It was all Maddie. This was her way of helping mommy and daddy.

Meg is truly a gift from God. She has been here for us through everything. Every day she has sent me messages or called just to check on us.

Today we got to finally meet her. I felt like we have been friends forever.


We talked and hung out. We talked about Maddie, and I didnt cry!!! We even showed Meg Maddie's room and I didn't lose it! I was happy to show her room off. It still smells like her...slowly I am starting to be able to go in her room and not cry.

Meg also taught me how to make bows! This is my first bow...

Meg is so talented. I am so lucky to have met her. She has truly helped us in so many ways. Maddie brought us together. I just wish Meg could of met Maddie. She will one day ;)




James and I wanted to say a special thank you to the donors of ALL the auctions. We are still blow away with everyone generosity. Thank you so so so much.

34 comments:

♥The Brown Family♥ said...

I'm glad things are looking up. :o) I think of you and your family everyday. God bless.

Our Happy Little Family said...

Meg seems AMAZING! SO glad she has been there for you and your family! I love your bow, btw! Glad you've been having good days!

Unknown said...

So glad you had another great day:)love the bow you made with Meg.Some body said you should make one bow a week and auction it off &put the money in a Maddie acct, I think that's a great idea:)And don't let rude ignorant people tell you other wise;)Maddie knows how much you&James love her♥♥

lots of ♥♥from Canada♥

Elizabeth & Britton said...

I'm so glad to read that your days are getting easier. Someone posted a link to your blog on Facebook, and I have been "following" it for about two weeks. Great job on the bows and blocks! They look amazing!

We say a special prayer for you and your husband daily.

God bless,
Elizabeth
Cookeville, TN

Nichole said...

reading this brings tears of joy to my eyes.. It is so great that you got to meet eachother, and that you had some comfort in showing her Maddies room. Sending love and prayers for more good days! God bless you, james and maddie.

Samantha said...

I'm so glad that you have had a good day. :) I'm sure that Maddie is looking in on you and making sure that you are happy. The bow that you made is so pretty!!!!! You have a lot of talent. :)

Donna said...

It is all we can do to help ease you in this transition in your life. I am glad you have met Meg, she is a darling of a person to have offered to help you in this way!! Even through Extreme Tragedy we do get blessed!! I am so happy for you and even happier that you can go into Maddies room and some day it will bring comfort to you!! May you continue to find pease and comfort for your hearts and souls!! as always you are in my thoughts and in my prayers!! Much love to you both!!
donna from california

Laura D said...

So neat that you finally got to meet Meg! She seems like such a wonderful person with such a generous and giving heart! Glad to hear that you had another good day! Maddie is there by your side. The bow you made is precious! Good job and keep up what makes you happy and helps you heal. Lots of Love your way with a big Hug!!

Laura Deckard

Unknown said...

I am so glad you guys got to meet and I was honored to help with the auction....Your in my thoughts daily...

gjen2900 said...

Good for you,glad you had a good day,maybe you can make bows,and blocks,plus photography to your Facebook..Its great you coming around..Cheers To You.
xoxo,
Gen

Alicia said...

I have been following your blog for a couple weeks now. I check it nightly before I go to bed and Im happy to see that you are starting to have good days. My prayers are with your family. I am glad that you got to meet meg, i caught her auction for you guys too late but im glad that she has helped you through so much and has helped raise soo much money for your family. Prayers to you guys.

Alicia
Camp Pendleton California

Boise Wiebers said...

@Tara - I love the bow a week idea. That would let you think of your beautiful baby while blessing others with your talents. It could also help you get through some of the hard days like first Easter, first 4th of July, etc. You can tell Maddie that you made the bows for her and that you haven't forgotten her.

On a different note, I loved reading awhile back that you and James are working on making it financially possible for you to stay home when you are blessed with another baby. I don't think you will regret the sacrifices families make to live off of one income. It is SO worth it in my opinion. Take care and may God continue to help you in your healing.

Peace,
Trisha

crystal said...

God tends to put other Angels in our lives to help us make it through bcause sometimes without them, we wouldn't know what to do. I was reading something today and it really touched me. I have never thought of it like this. I know we hurt from losing our children. I know I have a lot of what ifs. But it said God does know how we are feeling because he lost his Son too!!! That really touched me because I know I have asked God why did He took my baby and why did He take other babies away so soon because we are the ones hurting but He has been in our shoes too. I am so glad you are doing better today. I pray that Maddie continues to help you make it through each day. Praying for you and your family.

Karyn said...

This post made me smile!! Glad you've been doing well!

Tabatha said...

That is so wonderful that you got two good days in a row!! I remember when I had my first day still!! There was nothing extraordinary about it.. but I didn't cry i smiled and laughed a lot. So great to see you have found a friend to bond with! I too found one (another blm) after Savanna passed away.. we have only met once (we live 2 hours away from each other and both go to school and work full time) but like you said, we're like best friends now!! It will become more bearable to talk about her without so many tears but more smiles.. IDK that the tears will ever go away, but they do lessen. I'm only 4 months out.. and there are days where it hurts just as much as that same day.. but then there are days where I know I will be OK eventually.. Praying for you peace daily. xxoo PS the bow is magnificent!!!! :))

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to read this! When I read that Meg was meeting with you today, I KNEW it would be a good day! It's amazing how your Maddie sent another angel to help you. She'll be sending more, I'm sure! I love love love the bow you made! As a fellow bowmaker, I know how much trial and error it takes to make them, and make them pretty, and I'm sure Maddie loves it and is smiling down on her mommy!!! I hope you have many, many happy days to come! Much love from Florida,

Jen <3

Virginia said...

Your first bow is beautiful!!!

I am so happy to hear that you are finding joy and happiness in your days. You are so blessed to have wonderful people like Meg in your life. The auction was an amazing idea! Kudos to your friend for all her amazing work.

Continued prayers from a fellow mommy to an angel.

Virginia

http://likemommade.blogspot.com

Susan DeArmond said...

So glad it has been another good day! And so thankful that God has blessed you with a wonderful new friend in Meg! He knows our needs!:)
The bow is so cute! I agree with an earlier comment that with your blocks, photography and now bows, you will have that opportunity to stay home if you choose to!
May God bless you with another wonderful day!

Hope on Oak said...

I am so happy to read that you had 2 good days in row! That in itself is just so amazing but also to you spent the day with Meg. She is such a sweet girl and I also believe Maddie sent her to you, to help you, and be there for you and your family. I just Love how your bow turned out! Super cute!! <3 Sending Love from Minnesota <3

http://barrycrafty.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

How wonderful! :) I'm glad you're having better days.

Andalasia said...

I am so happy that you & Meg got to meet. It sounds like she has been a great friend & will continue to be there for you. I love knowing that there are such kind & generous people in the world. The bow is adorable - you should make some more! Maddie loves it I'm sure. I truly wish you all the best in your new business ventures. What a wonderful plan to be able to stay home with any future children. Sending you love & hugs from Montreal, Canada

Traci said...

It makes me happy to hear your are having some good days. I still cry every time I read your blog and I pray for your family everyday still. Your story has really hit home with me. Maybe because my daughter is the same age as Maddie was or that I'm also a teacher. Your story has really touched me and Maddie really is teaching all mommmies out there to love on their little ones a little more and it also reminds me to not ever complain for one single second about her not sleeping or being fussy. God really did have a purpose for your special little Maddie.

I also love the bow, maybe you could do a DIY post on how to do it.

Oh and one last thing...the word verification for this comment is "matie" isn't that neat?

Sam said...

I'm so relieved to hear things are slowly but surely getting easier. And that Maddie has been helping you along the way. Meg sounds like an awesome friend, and I'm so glad that you're surrounded with such amazing people in your time of need. You're truly an inspiration. :)

Ali said...

Your first bow is so cute!! Glad to see you doing better slowly!

Shelby said...

Love your bow! What a wonderful person Meg is. She will be good for your soul! Thinking of you daily!

EMILEE said...

I'AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LITTLE GIRL, I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG YOUR LITTLE GIRL WAS A DOLL. I LOVE THE BOW YOU MADE YOU SHOULD SALE THEM, WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF ADOPTING A LITTLE GIRL, I WOULD LOVE TO BUY A BOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SALING THEM YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT OLIVEREMILEE@COMCAST.NET I KNOW YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS WATCHING OVER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, MAY GOD BLESS YOU. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! BLESSINGS EMILEE

Unknown said...

i love ur bow i wish some1 would teach me how to do them for my chubby cheeks well im so glad ur better and keep it up we all wana c u happy
lots of love from
Esperanza & Melinda

Gina said...

Two good days in a row make me happy for you :)`

Anna Gray said...

How sweet! I am truly happy that you are having great days. One of my main prayers for you guys is that Jesus would turn your grieving into joy. :)

And the bow - precious. :)

Stacee Ann said...

I think this is wonderful for all of you. :) Keep it up girlie. You guys are doing well. Still thinking of you.

Parker's Paradise said...

Love that bow!!! I'll be looking to purchase from you soon! ; ) Thinking of you and sending my love! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for not crying :-) I almost cried when I read that! I love the bow, btw!

Unknown said...

I donated a tutu from my company Tutus For You Too. I felt so compelled to do anything I could to help your family. I read your blog the day after you posted about Maddies passing and it has been with me since. I know I dont know you but I love little Maddie and I love your family. You are so strong. I'll be here for you and whoever may need my support.

Hugs***

Reannen Steffensen

Anonymous said...

I have Meg added on my facbeook. She s great! Thats a very beautiful bow sweetie! Great job!!!

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.