Cant we just catch a break? This is what James and I were asking each other last night as we were rushing our dog, Bella , to the emergency animal hospital. She had been throwing up all day which continued into the night. When I saw she was throwing up blood I knew we had to take her in.
As we were driving I was numb. Bella was my first "fur baby". Just 2 1/2 weeks ago we lost our precious Maddie..now Bella is sick. This cant be happening.
After 4 hours of waiting with tons of crazy expensive tests they told us Bella has
Pancreatitis. They wanted to "watch" her over night, but we said no. It was 1:30am and James needed to go to bed. He had to be at work so early. Bella got a shot for her tummy and some IV fluids and we left.
We finally got home (30 minutes later) and went to bed at 2am.

Here Is Bella at the animal hospital.
Bella seems to be fine today. She is eating and drinking, so I think this will pass soon.
Today I have been in bed all day. Not sad, just tired. I read almost the whole book, "Heaven is for real book." Its really good! I recommend it to everyone. It has really given me some comfort... knowing where Maddie is. Knowing some of the things she is experiencing and seeing. I wish she was with us...but I know she is with God and I know he is the best baby sitter.

50 comments:
It is so good to hear that you were able to get some comfort from the book. As always you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love and Prayers,
Ashley
I am so happy you are resting and were able to read your book and have found a shred of comfort in it. So happy to know Bella is okay too!
as always-all my <3
Please read the book The Shack- I read it years ago and it has stayed with me, I think it would be a great read for you. *hugs*
I'm so sorry for all the pain you've been suffering. I hope Bella is okay. Please stay on top of this as pancreatis can be very, very serious. Best wishes to you.
I have a book suggestion for you that helped me when I lost my daughter. It's a bible study style book but so helpful in such a hard time of life. Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy By Teale Fackler and Gwen Kik.
I am so sorry for your loss although I know those words don't heal your broken heart. I pray for you each day and I know god will give you the strength to find your new normal. I know that one year later for me I stand amazed at where the lord has brought me I never dreamed I would be where I am.
Blessing and Prayers
Kristi
Yikes! So glad Bella is doing better. Poor dog :(.
I've been wanting to read that book myself after seeing it in a People magazine.. glad to hear it's good :).
Still thinking of you guys..
I am so glad that Bella is doing better! I too hope that you are able to buy a break soon, you two really need one! I am very glad to hear that you were able to find comfort in reading and now have a sense of peace with where Miss Maddie is. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers today and always!
xoxo
Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com
He is the best babysitter :)
Love you guys <3
-Megan
So sorry to hear about bella I am glad to hear she is doing better and hope she gets feeling better fast! Sending prayers your way!!
Hope your pup starts to feel better soon! I have that book on hold at the library...I am number 29 in line for it so it will be a while!!
I hope your puppy gets better soon! Your dog is the absolute cutest. I have 2 Yorkies that I adore, a boy and a girl, Maxim and Tink. Tink looks kind of like Bella, but Bella is more photogenic *shhh, dont tell Tink!*
Thank you for the advice about the book. I am going to see if I can find it.
Always praying for you and Maddie.
I hope things look up for you. We got some good news for us today: the resolution in honor of our daughter passed through the house in Illinois and was adopted statewide. I wrote about it today, but it's a pretty amazing thing for any mother to read. I hope it can make you smile.
http://likemommade.blogspot.com/2011/03/leilas-legacy-looking-up.html
Praying for you Kellie. I know how it is. Our fur babies are just like our kids too. I know you miss Maddie so much but I know that with the help of God and prayers that you and James will become so much stronger. She is always with you and watching over you. You asked does it ever end, just look at it this was after every Valley we go through there is a Mountain. I pray that you and James find your mountain soon. Hope your week gets better.
Love in Christ,
Crystal
90 Minutes in Heaven by don piper is a wonderful book. It doesn't really deal with anyone passing away, but his near death experience. He gives VERY vivid descriptions of Heaven and how beautiful it is. If you lived near me in GA, I would let you borrow my copy of it :-)
Heaven is for real is my favorite book!!!!!!!
I can't think of any words that will make you feel better today. But I'm sending you a GREAT BIG HUG! Hang in there and feel the love from everyone out here!
I meant to tell you about this earlier: have you gotten a Molly Bear yet? https://www.mollybears.com/
the wait list is incredibly long, but I think it would be good for you to have something that weighed the same as Maddie to cuddle. I hope this gives you comfort.
God Bless, from one grieving mother to another
Virginia
http://likemommade.blogspot.com
Honey I am so sorry that things arent going great for you theres a ligth at the end of this tunnel you and James remain in my prayers every day I will add miss bella to those as well, praying God continues to wrap his arms around you and guide you through this difficult time with love Ashley
Another book suggestion (and blog suggestion) for you:
"I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith.
Her blog,
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
Peace to you.
I am glad she is better. Poor puppy. Praying for Bella and of course you guys too!
My husband and I almost lost our fur baby Harmony to Panc. almost 4 years ago...was absolutely devestating....I read your blog (which I do daily...and my heart reaches out to you through every word you type as I have a baby that was born a month before your beautiful angel)...I just wanted to offer you some great advice about the sickness with your dog. RIce, Rice, Rice.....just plain white rice and plenty of water.....my dog is still around today because of some research and some rice and a vitamin supplement drink that we got at our vets office. Also there are some tablets that you can get to help her live through all of this, that you mix with 1 tsp of Vodka and 1 tsp of water and give Bella a medicine dropper full three times a day for 4 days.
I look forward to reading your blog tomorrow and cannot wait to see your photography take off. Peace and Blessings to you and James
Amber Shepherd
I'm sorry to hear about Bella! Poor puppy! I have a fur baby too, and I know how scary it is when they're sick. I pray for a speedy recovery.
Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and your family and your sweet baby girl. I cry every day just thinking about you guys. I pray that you can catch a break soon, and continue to find some comfort.
Serene
Hope Bella is doing ok and continues to heal!
Also hope you and James catch up on some rest!
That book is really good. And I like to think that God is holding my precious baby close until I am there to hold him or her myself--can't imagine a better babysitter! Keep hanging in there-He will not give you more than you can manage.
Prayers going up for you!
Kellie-
I still pray for you every day. Multiple times a day. I check your blog many times throughout the day to "check" on you. Even though I didn't know Maddie she has touched my life. I hold my little girl a little longer and a little tighter and think of your Maddie and the blessing that she was to y'all. Stay strong and keep your faith.
Much love! -Sallie in New Braunfels, Tx
You are so right about Maddie being in the best place possible, with the warmest, most loving arms around her. She is dancing, you know! I'm betting she's the most beautiful angel up there!
I hope Bella gets better! That is a pretty serious thing though in dogs! I used to work at a vets for 8 years and there is meds they have to be on and special food. :( I have two furbabies too and they sure are special.
I pray for you and thnk of you alot even though i dont know you. I am so sorry for your loss of your princess. My Ella is 4 months old and I cant imagine the heartache you have. I will keep you in my prayers.
www.jamiefaulknerblog.com
Kellie, I just want you to know I'm reading here often and praying for you and James. I don't often have words to say that haven't been said already. I'm gladd your fur baby is okay and that the book brought you some comfort.
I pray for you and James daily.
God is truly the best babysitter. Maddie could not be in better hands. I admire you and your husband's strength. Sending prayers for you both!
PS - Glad your puppy is feeling better! :)
hang in there Kellie - there is a silver lining and God wouldn't give us more than we can handle, although it doesn't seem like it at times! You are in my prayers!
so glad bella is ok!!!!
So SORRY about Bella!!!! I hope she recovers well from this and has no more scary episodes!! Sometimes Vets are in it just for the money it seems..they want the money up front before they will treat you pet...GRRR!!! I am glad you were able to rest today and read something that helped bring peace to you. Hope that James will be able to get his rest also, I know you'll make sure he does! You guys are SO GOOD FOR EACH OTHER!!! AS ALWAYS You are in my thoughts and prayers!! May you contnue to fnd peace and comfort for your hearts and souls!! Much love to you both!! donna from california
Kellie,
I discovered your auction on a friends facebook page. I hope it is OK that I contact you. I lost my first child, Cameron at a month old. It has been a little over four years. If you would like to talk to or chat with through email with someone who has been through this please let me know. I would love to help you in anyway I can. The grief lessens. There is life after loss. You can email me kmills6900@aol.com or call 775-544-5878.
Katherine
I went to a grief seminar this weekend,and i couldn't figure out why the Chaplins there were walking around with these big,cute,loving doges..Then i asked,they said they were love dogs,that when people are dealing with grief they tend to get attached to there dogs..I was so happy,because i was like thankgod,im normal..Sine my husband left to heaven,i attached myself to my Maggies May..Let me tell you,my dog has helped 10o percent with my loss..I hope your your little cutie will be okay we will say some prayers..I think spending time with her will help you so much..Stay strong,with something bad,something good will happen..sending xoxoxo
Gen
So glad to hear that your dog is feeling better. Also so happy to hear that you are able to rest some. Thinking of you.
~B
I know Maddie is in such good care! She's God's Girl! We should all be so lucky to dance in the Heavenly Kingdom! I'm still praying and sending you both lots of love!
Bella sure is cute, I'm glad she's feeling better!
Love from Florida!
Jen
Safe in the arms of God is also another great book. Hope today is a good day for you!
Oh no the last thing you need right now. You are definitely being tested. Glad poochie baby is seeming better.
Hope that Bella starts to feel 100% better soon sweet girl! Definately going to get that book! Hope you get some rest and start feeling better yourself... Hugs!
Kellie,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words that can make it better. My friend shared your blog with me because my husband & I lost our first baby girl to SIDS. We will be praying for you and James. I am happy for you to contact me if that would help. I had a wonderful lady who came alongside me when we were having such a hard time and it was very helpful to me. Either way, know that you are being prayed for.
In Christ,
Kim (kasharpton@yahoo.com)
I just want to hug you! You are just amazing and I have cried with/for you many times. Thank you for sharing all of this and know that people do care and if I saw you I wouldn't be afraid of you, I would just hug you.
I feel like I have gotten to know you through your blog. I will be praying for you when you return to work. I think it will be a good place for you. You will have lots of distractions and will find joy in the little lives you are shaping.
P.S. I love the name blocks you make. Do you sell them?
Glad Bella is doing well, I wanted to share a blog with you, http://laylagrace.org/uncategorized/one-year-later/. I just read this blog and my thought went you you and your husband. Not sure if it will help but hope it does.
I am sorry about your fur baby having pancreatitis! My fur baby gets pancreatitis quite often unfortunately, but it is treatable and I am sure Bella will be back to her old self very soon. Hang in there.
Maddie is a precious little angel- I am a newer follower and I have been praying for you and spreading your story to those around me. You are an amazing person! Praying for you ceaselessly!
What Makes A Mother?
I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today,
I asked what makes a mother,
And know I heard him say
”A mother has a baby
this we know is true
But God, can you be a mother,
When your baby’s not with you?
“Yes you can,” he replied,
with confidence in His voice,
“I give many women babies,
when they leave it is not their choice.”
Some I send for a lifetime
And others for a day
And some I send to fill your womb
But there is no need to stay.”
I just don’t understand this God.
I want my baby here
He took a breath and cleared his throat,
And then I saw a tear.
I wish I could show you
What your child is doing today,
If you could see your child smile
With other children and say
“We go on earth to learn our lessons
of life and love and fear.
My mommy loved me oh so much
I got to come straight here.”
I feel so lucky to have a mom
Who had so much love for me,
I learned my lesson very quickly,
My mommy set me free.
When she goes to sleep,
On her pillow’s where I lay.
I stroke her hair
And kiss her cheek
And whisper in hear ear,
“Mommy don’t be sad today,
I’m your baby
and I’m Here
So you see my dear sweet one,
Your child is okay,
Your baby is in My home
And this is where he’ll stay
He’ll wait for you with me
Until your lesson is through
And on that day you come home
He’ll he at the gates for you.
So now you see what makes a mother.
It’s the feeling in your heart.
It’s the love you had so much of,
Right from the very start….
Author Unknown
xoxoxo From Jessica, Baby Sophia, Katie and Jedadiah
So glad Bella is feeling better!
You and your family are in our constant prayers.
I read your blog everyday just to remind myself how to appreciate life to its fullest. You are an amazing, strong woman and it's so wonderful how u can find comfort in that book. My doggy has had pancreatitis 3 times due to stress and I know your BELLA baby is feeling your pain and probably is missing her Maddie as well.
Everyday, I check your blog to see if you've posted something new. I missed this post and when I noticed the date, I realized why. Our family pet, a Shih Tzu, whom we have had for 15 years was dying on this day. She collapsed in our kitchen in the afternoon and later that day started coughing up blood. We made the heart wrenching decision that we would take her in the following day and have her put down, as we did not want her to suffer. By 8pm she began to suffer and her condition was getting worse. It was one of the most horrible things I have ever had to go through. She died in my arms right around midnight. It's amazing the grief that you can go through when losing a pet, but she was my first "fur baby" too. I thought of you often througout that day as I cried over my dying dog, I just can't imagine your loss! You are an amazingly strong person!
I read Heaven is Real shortly after my husband died and I agree that it is such a comfort. And The Shack is good as well.
Kellie and James my heart goes out for you guys.... I hope that you guys can heal. I love the pictures you have of her to remember her by. you will meet her in heaven. Your story tugged at my heartstrings.
Chris in baldwinsville ny
Post a Comment