Tuesday, March 29, 2011

8:40..

8:40..

Last Thursday when I got to work I noticed my clock stopped at 8:40. I didn't really think anything about it until the next day it was WORKING AGAIN. Weird right? This morning I noticed the clock over our microwave stopped at 8:40. How could it be possible that 2 clocks have stopped at 8:40? Nearly impossible huh? I don’t understand why Maddie is sending me the time 8:40, maybe one day I will understand...but I am glad I am getting signs.

Mama Bracelets, the company that made one of my favorite bracelets, wrote an excellent article on what to say or do after an infant loss. The blog is so well written..Go HERE to read it.

Speaking of my favorite bracelet. I wear it every day. It's so pretty. Mama Bracelet's does great work. I would recommend them to anyone. You can get a Maddie Angel bracelet here.

Remember how I want to share as much information as I can about SIDS? A fellow angel mommy and friend, Michelle ,shared her story on local 2 news. It's about bumpers in cribs... please go watch it! Maddie and Anna Kathryn had the same bedding (the company only made 2 different sets). The week before Maddie passed away I put breathable bumpers in Maddie's crib. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take out regular bumpers use nothing or breathable ones.


The onesie says it all ..he he


26 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is Maddie’s way of telling you “Have a good day mommy”. She wants you to start your day with a smile every morning. :-)

Anonymous said...

No joke. I just read your facebook page, then your Maddies mom made that face book page then is blof post, saw the 8:40 post, looked at my clock at is is 8:40. weird.

Trini said...

Kind of funny, that is! She's still playing around with you!

Samantha said...

I think it's sweet that Maddie is being so playful. She loves you so much!

Laura D said...

Love all the signs she keeps sending you. She is letting you know she is fine and how much she loves you!

You are doing such an amazing job with the SIDS awareness. Everyone needs to be aware of this terrible thing. We never used any bumpers for my kids. I was always too scared. Keep up the great work you are doing. You are empowering so many families with this. You are an amazing Momma!! XOXO!

Unknown said...

I read a little bit about mattress wrapping the other day was just wondering if you've read about or researched it? Not sure what I think.

~*JaYmE*~ said...

My uncle died of an accidental drowning and shortly after my cd player started going off at the same time every evening. My parents thought to look in the bible and it turned out to be a verse about brothers. We thought it was a sign to my dad from his brother. Maybe check out some verses in the bible w/those numbers... you may find something there. I do believe it's a sign from Miss Maddie!

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to think about, but do you remember what time you got the "call"? I wonder if it has any significance to when she passed. I am so sorry for your loss. I cried my eyes out when I watched the video on your blog. Sometimes your posts bring me to tears also. There is also a picture of Maddie with a pink dress on with the white headband and black polka-dotted bow that makes me cry as you said that's the outfit she was laid to rest in. She is such a beautiful baby and I know she's watching over you and your husband! One day at a time....

Strobels said...

the time on your clock is flashing the date when your loved one passed

Perhaps she is telling you she went to heaven around that time? Or think of other significant things that have happened...look back through calls....emails...check the bible like someone said. Google it... when you get a sign FOLLOW IT TO COMPLETION!

Strobels said...

the time on your clock is flashing the date when your loved one passed

Perhaps she is telling you she went to heaven around that time? Or think of other significant things that have happened...look back through calls....emails...check the bible like someone said. Google it... when you get a sign FOLLOW IT TO COMPLETION!

Strobels said...

Seriously there is a musical called "Life begins at 8:40" :) See she knows!

http://bible.cc/john/8-40.htm
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+8%3A40-56&version=NIV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Begins_at_8:40
http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/33300/33394/clock-08-40_33394.htm

Liz said...

Very interesting about the time. I wish I had received signs (maybe I did). I'm originally from Houston and I've seen that story about the bumpers. Oh and I have that same onesie for my new baby - also named Maddie.

Tiffany Franklin said...

You're blog inspired me to really be grateful for what I have and my children. She was a beautiful girl and a beautiful angel looking down at you <3

Devonne said...

I read your blog everyday since a friend shared your story. I'm sry for your loss && your story touches my heart. I treasure every second with my son. I read your blog and thought id google the 840 and I found this

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?search=Luke+8%3A40-56&version=NIV

I def believe your lil girl is telling you something. I pray for you & your husband everyday.b

Steph said...

I think it is Luke 8:40 that talks about jesus being welcomed in heaven.... romans 8:40 is about Gods mercy and righteousness.... maybe it has nothing to do with the Bible and she is telling you in 8 months or weeks you will begin another 40 week cycle to give her a sibling! Whatever it is....she is with you and loves you

Dionna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Happy Family said...

Following what steph said... if you continue reading in luke it talks about the girl being raised from the dead. Maybe she's saying she's alive up in heaven?

Dionna said...

So glad today you are in a good place! Signs are so comforting.

Xo
Dionna
http://ourlife-sd.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

I think it's so great that you are getting signs from her. That must be so special. Praying for you & James everyday. Have a good Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

i just watched the video. i can't believe i ever used a crib bumper for my daughter's crib. i started using it because her legs would get between the bars and scare her. whenever i find it, i am tossing it out!!

Modern said...

My CJ waved to baby Maddie as I watched the video. She smile and said "hiiiiii". And then at the end she waved. We both said "bye bye pretty baby". Until you can meet again. I'm in tears now. God bless you and James.

kristiemichelle said...

And it came to pass, that, when Jesus was returned, the people [gladly] received him: for they were all waiting for him.
-Luke 8:40
http://bible.cc/luke/8-40.htm

Stay strong love!

The Armstrong Family said...

My husband and I see numbers all of the time and finally figured out what they meant. He sees 6:18 and that is his father's bday that passed away. I see 8:48 and that was the time that my son was born. It is funny how they show us that they are there all of the time. She loves you and wants you to be happy!

Traci said...

We used a crib bumper for a short time, but removed it when we heard they weren't safe. Her legs do get stuck in the slats from time to time, but she's never gotten hurt.

LOVE the Maddie bracelet by the way! Need to measure DD's wrist & get her one. =)

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post! I took my baby girls bumpers out yesterday and bought the breathable ones today. :) Praying for you and your family.

amanda assaley said...

i love that she is showing you shes watching over you.

i want to thank you for all the work you are doing with sids awareness....i never knew about the bumpers and i read this and went to my daughters room and took them off her crib i just bought her the breathable ones. thank you so much for all the information you are providing keep up the good work. hugs <3

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.