Yesterday after my horrible doctors visit I came home, sat down at our computer and started researching photography. I am determined to figure this out! After a few hours I picked up my camera ans started shooting..
My dog, Bella was my subject for today...


This is my favorite picture.. M is for my Maddie!

Shooting is going well.. Now I am ready to learn about editing pictures.
While I was taking pictures I felt good.. I was happy and I knew my Maddie was with me, guiding me. Helping me learn. Photography is very healing.








65 comments:
I know you will be more than awesome at taking pictures. I have confidence in you! Your another day stronger today & tomorrow you will be even stronger.
Love-
Megg
I hope each day gets better and better for you..."peace i leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"
John 14:27 (NIV)
Kelly, you seem off to a good start. You might want to apply some rule of third in your compositions, which means NOT putting your subject in the middle of the fame, unless you want to make an exception (like in the M like Maddie picture, centering was good for that one). Otherwise, stick your focus point at any one third of the frame, makes for more appealing pictures. I see you've started learning playing with depth of field, which is great, the "faster" the lens the easier that is, so I suggest purchasing a 2.8 zoom od 1.8 fixed focal, like for intance a 50mm 1.8. They exist cheap for both Canon and Nikon (no idea what you're shooting) and make GREAT lenses for beginner to learn. Keep at it, Maddie's whatching !
Sorry to hear about your day yesterday...but it sounds like it ended a little better. Keep doing what you're doing, and you will heal...love the pics!
Those pics are really good. I'm really happy that you found photography because it looks like you're good at it. I hope you have a nice day and I'm wishing you all the best. :)
You're off to a great start with photography! The photos you posted are very lovely. I hope you continue to enjoy pursuing photography! :)
I admire you SO much, Kellie! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I am so sad for your loss. You have an incredible honesty about you and I love your attitude. You are very real and not trying to pretend like everything is okay. You inspire me! Keep up the great work.
Your pictures are great!!!
My dearest girl, I'm so heartbroken for you. I'm so very, very sorry for yours and your husband's loss. Maddie was such a beautiful, perfect girl.
Love that first one of your sweet little dog! I'm glad you are able to find joy in today.
I commented on your post yesterday about being self taught at photography. What I forgot to mention is I just joined a new forum called Rock the Shot that is ALL PHOTOGRAPHY! You can find out anything from these photographers. There are newbies as well as vetern photographers. Also feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Here's the link to the forum if you are interested..
http://www.rocktheshotforum.com/about/
Here's my photography facebook page too... If you ever wanted to contact me, it may be the easiest here :)
{ps Don't think I'm a stalker ;) I just feel like God is asking me to reach out to you :) }
These look great Kellie. Keep your eyes focused on Christ and he'll bring you the strength you need each day.
The pictures look awesome!! LOVE the one at the playground with the M. So beautiful!
SO AWESOME!!! You are gonna DO it girl! (And I couldn't agree more with the 50mm 1.8 lens suggestion, by the way:)
Editing will take your already awesome photography to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!
Keep showing us your Maddie inspired work....you can definitely tell she is with you when you are shooting!!
Great photos, if you want to start following some great photogaphers that would be more than willing to help you out and give you some gret inspiration you can check out who I follow on my blog. I have a bunch of professional and non professional sites that I follow.
Also I am a budding photographer so feel free to look around my site (I also understand it might be hard since a lot of my photos are of my little girl).
http://www.stoneyville.net/
I really enjoyed your pictures. Thank you for sharing. I am glas you found something to focus on.
I LOVE the photo of "M" on the playground... How very artistic.
I too am into photography (but as a hobby.) http://durgeatphotography.blogspot.com.
Good luck with it all!! I'm not a pro - but feel free to send me a message if you have any questions :)
I sent you a message to your email.
~Renee
i love the last photo where you are looking through the tunnel and see an 'm'. it is such a cool photo. you should frame it :)
i recently found your blog and i am so touched by your story. i know no words make you feel better or take away the pain, but just know that maddie is always with you watching over you and your husband. she was a beautiful little girl. i love looking at all the photos you post of her :)
Your dog is adorable! And I love the 'M for Maddie' picture!! You're a better photographer than me, and I took classes all through high school! I haven't done any creative photography in YEARS! You make me want to start again. :-)
Kellie,
Wonderful!! Here is a really cool blog that you might be interested in. Nikon Steve
http://nikonsniper.blogspot.com
He is an amazing photographer and has some really good tips on his blog.
Praying and praying for you. :)
<><
Awww Kellie your pictures are awesome so far! And your dog Bella is adorable! I like the first picture where she is on her pillow, too cute! Still praying for you and your family!
Your pics are awesome....you are going to be a pro in no time at this pace!!
You are doing AWESOME Kellie! Keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers. Try not to push yourself too hard, you are not expected to be so strong. I look forward to your posts every day, as I'm sure all of us who have been following you through this journey do, I just don't know how you do it. You are so beautiful inside and quite AMAZING! I hope writing your
blog and practicing photography help you along in the healing process. Sending love and big hugs! <3
Kellie you seem like you could do it already! I would buy a couple of prints from what you've shot. You can make some awesome stuff from Snapfish... a couple of those landscape types I would Definately make a photo canvas from.
Your baby girl would be so proud. I just know it. I read your blog every day.
Your photos are stunning :)) I found great comfort through photography too. The video you've done is beautiful and a lovely honour to her. Thinking of you and Maddie always xo
This is good to hear. Photography is so much like therapy for me too (although I have been through nothing as hard as you). Your pictures are wonderful. Do you have a photoshop or lightroom or something like that? I juse have whatever was on my computer when I got it but I also like Picnik. Hope it continues to help in the healing process.
You are doing a WONDERFUL job at photography! Never doubt yourself, there is no wrong way to take a picture. Try playing with the placement of the subject, like having them off center.
Most important, is have fun with it! Good luck, darlin' you're doing a commendable job on everything!
That last picture is amazing.. Praying for you still.
See?......You ARE Stronger!!! each day you will continue to be so..and photography IS healing for you. I am happy you have that. I too have a pet named Bella, and she is ever the princess!! If she is not happy boy does she let us know!!! May you continue to find peace and comfort for your hearts!! Much love and many prayers you!!! donna
I have been reading your blog for a few weeks. Your strength is astonishing, you are in my prayers. This past august I starged learning about photography. I fell in love with Photoshop Lightroom... you can do the trial version for 30 days if you go to adobe.com. It is really easy to use, and get great results. My page is www.graceinspiredphotography.blogspot.com All of the pictures on there have been edited by Lightroom. Just thought I would share.
Good luck with your photography, and I pray that with each passing day the memories of Maddie bring you peace and the spirit of the Lord fills you with comfort. God Bless.
i am a photogarpher, and i agree. there is nothing quite as gratifying as capturing a moment. :)
Great first pics!!
I have been reading your blog the past few days and my prayers are with you and your family I couldn't imagine what you are going through. I love photography I am definitely not a photographer more of a wanna be photographer, but I have to say your pictures are beautiful and I'm sure you will pick up on it fast. I can't wait to see more =)
You're doing amazing! You should link up with my 'Saturday morning scene' :) lovesoflife.com
Thank you for another post. I look forward to your posts and reading your search for strength. Your pics are wonderful and your passion is inspiring. I will find the time to improve my photography. Thank you!
Kellie :) photos look great!!! Try picnic for editing its super easy and fun!!!! You are bound to have good and bad days... Please dont be too hard on yourself!!! Love the "M" for Maddie :). Sweetest angel ever!!
beautiful pictures! Bella is such a cutie.
Hi Kellie,
I just started reading your blog a few weeks ago and you are in my thoughts all the time. I come back every day to see how you are doing. It's ok to have bad days. I think they will make you stronger in the end. Maddie will be here for you when you need her.
www.hp.com has free online photography classes that are fun and easy to do. I took them when I was just starting out. I also enrolled in some very reasonably priced Continuing Education Photography classes at a local college. They usually run about 6 weeks long. Looking forward to seeing your new pictures and to see how Maddie guides you to a wonderful career in photography!
I love the M for Maddie picture & your puppy is so sweet with the bow in her hair. I'm glad you have found something you enjoy...keep at it!
Just wanted to stop by and say that I love the pic of your doggy Bella, I have a cat named Bella :). I'm glad your taking on photography and from what I see in your pics, your pretty good at it. I agree that it can be healing. I hope your days are going well. Just take life one day at a time.
Love you Kellie. I think your photography is looking great. I would really like you to do some pictures for me in a couple of months when Ryan's better. Think and pray for you and James daily.
Here via LCFA. Wanted to offer love and support. XXX
Love the pictures!
Hope it has been a blessed day for you.
And you truly are another day stronger!
Continuing to pray for you!
Thank you so much for sharing your life with so many of us. You both are such amazing people. I'll be honest, I cry everytime I think about your situation. God has blessed you with an Angel, and I believe you know that. She is a beautiful little baby, and I truely believe that she knows you loved her. The both of you are some of the strongest people i've ever met (even though it was via the internet) thank you so much for being brave! May God Bless you in everything you do!
Hey Kellie!
Your pictures are looking great! If you are ever wanting to try some new stuff and venture out of Northwest Houston, there is a place called the Japanese Garden in Herman Park near the zoo that has amazing birds, wildlife, and flowers for you to take some practice shots of. Can't wait to watch your new career blossom!
-Ashley Gloriod
I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. Your story touched me and I have cried as I've read about the horrible thing you have faced. Your baby girl is beautiful! I pray that God continues to send you peace that passes all understanding.
I love that you are trying photography! I too am a photographer and would love to help you out in anyway that I can.
You can see my work and contact me through
www.lorithompsonportraits.com
Love in Christ,
Lori
You are doing such a great job with the photography. Love the picture on the M on the playground. Here is 2 sites that you can find some good information from about photography.
http://www.clickinmoms.com/
http://ilovephotography.com/forums/
My thoughts and payers are with you and your family
Brittney
I love "M is for Maddie"--made me cry, and your pup is so very cute. I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family. I read your post from the OB the other day, I know a little of how you feel. I had a miscarriage last year and lost it in a big way the next time I went in. I didnt want to look at prgnant ladies or their babies, I was so jealous that it made me not like them....I cannot imagine how very horribly difficult that was for you. Thank you for sharing with all of us, your words help us all and hopefully they help you too-- Love from Austin, TX
If you look closely and use your imagination, you can see an "M" in each of those pictures. :)
I love it!! So glad you are finding a healthy outlet and way to keep your mind busy but connected with Maddie! I started scrapbooking.. i did it leisurely before.. now I do it all the time!! I made my own invites for Savanna's first Heavenly Birthday.. scrap booking makes me feel connected with her also.. thinking of you daily!! I love your lil puppers btw... too cute!!! And the M--LOVE!!! :) xxoo
Your little dog is so cute,those were some great pictures you took..Cant wait to see more,its so obvious your gonna be great at this
.xoxoxoxo
I read this poem today and thought of you.
I thought of you and closed my eyes,
And prayed to God today.
I asked what makes a Mother,
And I know I heard him say:
A mother has a baby,
This we know is true.
But, God, can you be a mother,
When your baby's not with you?
Yes, you can he replied,
With confidence in his voice.
I give many women babies,
When they leave is not thier choice.
Some I send for a lifetime,
And others for a day.
And some I send to feel your womb,
But theres no need to stay.
I just don't understand this God,
I want my baby here.
He took a breath and cleared his throat,
And then I saw a tear.
I wish that I could show you,
What your child is doing today,
If you could see your child smile,
With other children who say:
We go to earth and learn our lessons,
Of love and life and fear.
My mommy loved me oh so much,
I got to come straight here.
I feel so lucky to have a mom,
Who had so much love for me.
I learned my lessons very quickly,
My mommy set me free.
I miss my mommy oh so much,
But I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep,
On her pillow's where I lay.
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek,
And whisper in her ear.
"Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here."
So you see my dear sweet one,
Your children are Ok.
Your babies are here in My home,
They'll be at heavens gate for you.
So now you see what makes a mother.
It's the feeling in your heart.
It's the love you had so much of,
Right from the very start.
Though some on earth may not realize you are a mother,
until their time is done.
They'll be up here with Me one day,
And you'll know that you're the best one!
-Author Unknown
I hope you find peace in knowing that Maddie is in God's home now. RIP Maddie.
God doesn't give us what we can handle. God helps us handle what we are given. Love you Kellie
Kellie, I have been following your blog since right after Maddie's death. Your story is heartbreaking but you and James are amazing. I don't think I have ever come across a mother who has lost her child who is as strong as you are. I had to be hospitalized after I lost my first child and I never laid eyes on him or her. Keep your head up, you are doing amazing. Your pictures look great already. I also turned a hobby into a home business so I could stay home with my daughter, I make cakes. It doesn't pay a whole lot and some months I don't make anything but the reward of being there daily for her is worth it.
We continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. I added you and James to the prayer list at my Mommy and Me group and also in my church. Maddie has touched so many lives in the past 2 weeks that it amazes me. I purchased an In Honor of Maddie bow from Perfectly Precious Boutique, my daughter will wear it on her Birthday and every time she wears it we will think of you and your amazing strength and your beautiful angel. Oh and what also helped me when I lost my first is I bought a miscarriage remembrance necklace and I wore it daily for a long time. Tuesday will be 2 years and I still think about my lost baby but I am at peace with it. They have infant loss necklaces and other things also. Its like a secret piece of them on you always. I truly feel it helped me heal. I wish you all the luck with your photography. I will continue to follow your blog and pray for your healing.
Ashley and Bella
Prayers and Love from Houma, La.
Hey Kel... Just thought of an idea you might consider (another form of healing, if you will.) What if you combine photography with your grieving process?
By that I mean, take pictures very similar to the one you took with the "M" in the playground tube. Add to that - create a whole series of them... Create an "M" for Madison, and photograph it in all the places you would have wanted to share with her in life. On the swings, in the car, climbing trees, etc... Just an idea. I know that eventually you'll be faced with many places you would have wanted to have her with you to experience... why not turn those places into something that you can handle - by forcing yourself to go there and photograph them with "M."
Your pictures are beautiful! I check in on how you are doing every day. My prayers are still with you, and although I cry when I read about everything you are going through, I feel blessed that TMP brought me to know you and your family. Your Maddie and her story have really touched my life...I wish I could tell you to what degree. God is with you and loves you.
The last photo is my favorite, too! ;o) I can tell you already have a gift for photography, and how LUCKY you must be to have Angel Maddie helping you learn, and giving you great photographic opportunities. Stay strong! You are such an inspiration to me! Many hugs from Florida!
Jen
Wow you are sooo inspiring! I'm trying to get into photography too...I'd love the sites you've been researching! :}
I've got a Yorkie too!! :}
http://danirousseau.blogspot.com/
I agree. I took part in the auction that Megan put on and donated a free photo shoot. Photography is very healing...for both in front of and behind the camera. I have been praying for you and I am sending you strength.
I love the tunnel picture. Great eye! What kind of camera are you using?
Photography IS healing! I got my first DSLR camera right after we lost Olivia, and i really found it therapeutic to learn and practice. Ir eally do think it has helped me a LOT. I'm glad you're doing it too :)
This is my first time to leave a comment on your blog. I have been following it a few days and your story is heartbreaking but your strength and faith in God is amazing. Please visit this website of a friend of mine who lost her baby and was given an amazing testimony and opportunity to tell her daughter's story and reach thousands of people. I really, really think this will bless you. Praying for you and your sweet family. http://www.charliejars.com/
Your pictures are great, you are doing fantastic. <3 Hoping you have a better day tomorrow.
I didn't read all the comments - so, this may be repetitive, but... I LOVE the first pic of Bella behind the computer screen. Very nice job! Your strength and bravery are amazing. I hope that you'll continue to find new levels of that strength and may God continue to bless you and your husband.
((Hugs))
Jessi
norvellprogress.blogspot.com
Hi Kelly, Someone recently forwarded your link to me.... I am so so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. I Will sure keep you and your family in my prayers.
I am a professional photographer since 2005 in Coeur d'Alene, ID and do one on one mentoring sessions. I would be more than happy do online/phone mentoring with you at no charge. my website is www.christinagphotography.com - please let me know if you would like to.... email to: christina@christinagphotography.com Would love to help you out in anyway possible.
{{hugs}}
christina
Post a Comment