Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring for SIDS update..and update on us.

Wow, it all I can say! James and I are amazed by the donations coming in for team M.

So far Team M has raised $1,538 which is AWESOME!!!

Spring for SIDS occurs on April 29th so there is still plenty of time to donate. Don't forget to wear pink & a bow that day in honor of Maddie and Macie! (Donate HERE-Dont forget to put Team M)

Thanks SO much for all your donations!

Today it hit me. I was sitting at my desk before the kids got to school and I realized.. I will never get to see Maddie again (on this Earth)...and it made me so SAD!! I want to see her sooooooo BAD! That thought is NOT how I wanted to start my day.

Also, this morning Roula and Ryan were talking about the biggest mistakes 1st time parents make. I called 10 times to try and get on the radio to talk about SIDS but couldn't get in...and that made me sad to so I changed the station to country and I hear..."Our baby girl.." So I changed the station AGAIN!!!!!! Well I could look at that two ways... 1. Be mad because Maddie is gone or 2. It's a sign from Maddie that we are going to have another little girl.. I think I like the 2nd one better!

Here is our Maddie just a few weeks old waving at the camera...





29 comments:

Samantha said...

Thank you for all the info about SIDS. It's a really important topic that everyone should know about. I hope you do have another little girl. :) you and James are such great parents :)

That Girl said...

I can't even imagine that void that must come over your mind when you think those thoughts. They make me so sad for you. A level of sadness I haven't felt in a long time.

Thank you for your info on SIDS. My children are older than those effected, but I am passing the information on to others.

Kyliem4 said...

I feel that you was meant mainly to spread awareness of love and appreciation as well as SIDS in telling your story.

Maybe when you have another baby, they of course wont replace Maddie, but will fill some of that empty hole in your heart and bring a new joy to your life. A new baby will be so lucky to have you xx

Serene said...

Kellie - thank you for all of the info on SIDS. My daughter is 4.5 months old, and I worry about SIDS every day. I read your blog every day and just can't imagine. I'm sobbing just thinking about what you're going through. I pray that you will be blessed with another baby when the time is right. You and James are so strong, and you are amazing parents. Any child would be lucky to have you as their mom. Thank you again for sharing your story and for raising SIDS awareness. You and Maddie have touched so many lives.

Traci said...

Seeing your pictures of Maddie just makes your story so real. My heart sinks every time I see her picture, she was just so perfect...it's not fair.

Angel King said...

I like the 2nd thought also =) Cant wait to see what God has in store for you and James!!! Hope you have a great day tomma and thanks for the sids post. It was the best info yet on sids. I have a neice on the way and my brother and GF are just 20 and didnt even know what sids what so Im trying to educate them with your story..
(((hugs)))

Lovely Lindsay said...

or maybe it was a sign from Maddie that she was there with you, and that she always will be, as she will always, always be your little girl!

kaseylea said...

You may not be able to see Maddie on this earth again, but I'm sure your precious angel sends you signs daily to let you know she is there. You are doing an amazing thing by spreading SIDS awareness. I can't wait for you and James to have another precious baby....You guys have way too much love to give not to have another one soon. Big hugs to you and James!

MommaFreebie said...

You have been on my heart a lot lately. I find myself thinking of you Maddie often. Then I ran into something on another blog that I follow and I felt like maybe it was something that would be helpful to you.

http://www.agoodgrief.com/

I hope that you are finding peace. I pray for you every night.

Colette said...

I saw your question on FB about genetic testing and thought I would post my information here.

I also have a Madisyn. She was born on October 29, 2010. In GA, they give a PKU blood test when babies are born. Her results revealed she has a metabolic disorder called SCAD.

SCAD is a genetic disorder that pregnant mothers can be tested for but I did not know about this during my pregnancy. Infants can also be tested for metabolic disorders after birth.

We go the genetic clinic at Emory here in Atlanta and were told that SCAD is the least severe, but other disorders such as VCAD, LCAD, and MCAD have been linked to SIDS deaths. These metabolic disorders make it very difficult for babies to break down fats. Some babies are never diagnosed and their metabolic disorder is not discovered until their death.

Madisyn has to be fed every 2-4 hours or her body could go into shock. Left untreated this can ultimately lead to death. I do not know if this was the genetic test you were referring to, but this is a group of disorders that has been linked to SIDS.

I read your blog daily and know that your Maddie is so proud of you and James. When I look at Madisyn I often think and pray for you and your family.

Dara Wills said...

I'm sorry today was rough :( You're still in our thoughts and prayers everyday. I think you should quit your job and make bows full time, I can never seem to win them on Facebook! I'm mostly kidding about quitting your job, but what's a girl got to do to get a bow?!

Erin David said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I've read your story. You and your husband are such strong people. I too have a Madison, Madison Rose actually. My Madi and I made a donation in Team M's name. :) Prayers to you and your husband.

This is Our Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joshbeth said...

Thank you for sharing! You and your husband are in my thoughts and prays! I love your 2nd thought as well, God has something special in store for you and your hubby! God will get you through this! =)

Unknown said...

WOW that's awesome you have raised that much! Thank you for all the info on SIDS too. Because of all that you have posted I have learned so much. You are amazing Kellie *hugs*

Emilysmommy said...

Thanks so much for all the info! I listen to Roula and Ryan all the time, bummer that they didn't answer your call.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the info on SIDS! Some of it I haven't read before, so it was good to know! :o) I'm sending hugs and prayers and thinking of you always <3 Another day stronger, you are!!!

Thoughts for the day said...

I hope you do have another one to love, not to replace her but to let your heart LOVE.
It would be honoring to her.

Anonymous said...

Please join me. I will be greatful to you. God bless you.

Erin said...

Thanks so much for informing all of us on SIDS. You hear it happening to babys but no one explains what it is. I enjoy following your blog and seeing how everyday you are getting stronger and stronger. You and your husband are lucky to have eachother. Stop over at my page if you have time!

crystal said...

Kellie,
I am so glad that you took what the devil was trying to do to you this morning, to get you down, and turn it around on him. You were optimistic about it and you showed him that you would not be defeated. God is there for you to give you the strength you need to make it through each passing day. Yes, it does get harder before it gets easier but with the help from God, Maddie, and your praying friends, you will make it and look back and wonder how you ever did. We are overcomers!!! Praying for you!!!

AmberKoren said...

I live in Houston too and was listening to 104 at the same time you were and heard the topic. I have a 22 month old and a 2 month old both girls and my heart breaks for you. I enjoy reading your blog and continue to pray for your strength every day. Maddie is your angel and she will forever touch all of our lives :) Thank you for telling your story and sharing your precious girl w/ us.

Exposed Photography said...

Kelly,
As a mother of two I know how frustrating the radio can be at times.. I don't know where you live, or if you've ever even heard of KLove.. But I think you should look into finding a radio station near you!.. If there's not one where you live you can always listen online at Klove.com I think you would find klove very encouraging.. I know I do! They have a prayer ministry and I'm sure they would love to hear your story and help to spread the word about SIDS!! God Bless!!

Our Happy Family said...

I don't know if you already have liked this or not, but here's a facebook group. http://www.facebook.com/toysrus?sk=app_173462832703133#!/pages/Find-a-Cure-for-SIDS-Sudden-Infant-Death-Syndrome/204652454257

Jessica said...

It makes me happy to think of you turning your thoughts towards another girl. I know Maddie will always be your number one girl but one day another girl(s) will bring joy into your lives once again!

Thinking of you...

Unknown said...

I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR POST THAT YOUR EXPECTING ANOTHER CHILD... I HOPE TO SEE THAT SUPER SOON... <3

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog from other blogs I follow. I just wanted to let you know that you are very strong for sharing Maddie's story. She is a beautiful. My thoughts are with you and your family.

the workaholic momma said...

Thanks so much for continuing to share such important information - you are doing such great things:) I made a donation but made a boo boo and put it in "Madison Staats" name instead of Team M (im sorry im such an ditz)- I'm not sure if there is anyway you guys can make sure that the organization includes it in your count?

aleisadaily said...

My best friend just lost her little princess March 26th to SIDS... Another M to add to team M (for Mylei). I started reading your blog after someone suggested it to me after the passing of Mylei and I find your blog to be very inspiring and incredibly touching. What you are doing is amazing and extremely heroic.

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.