Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart
Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day
But the struggles makes you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' it sweet time
[chorus]
No,life aint always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life aint always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride
Life aint always beautiful
Some days I miss your smile
I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles
And I wish for just one minute
I could see your pretty face
Guess I can dream, but life don't work that way
But the struggles makes me stronger
And the changes make me wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time
No, life ain't always beautiful
But I know I'll be fine
Hey, life ain't always beautiful
But its a beautiful ride
What a beautiful ride








14 comments:
This song is very raw, real and true. Hang in there. KNow that Maddie is always with you and God wouldn't have put you through this if he didn't think you two could grow from it. Even as much truth as there is to that comment, I'm certain it still hurts so badly to have lost her so soon.
That's a very truthful song. I'm sorry you lost your baby girl. I cannot begin to know how heart broken you are, but my heart aches for you. I've cried while reading your blog and I've found my self thinking of you and Maddie many times throughout the day. Your story has helped me realize just how precious each day is. I take pictures everyday and when I feel like i am becoming overwhelmed I tell my kids I love them and I am so happy to have them. Thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful angel.
Praying for you
Ashley
I was just going to post this song on my blog too! I listen to it a lot. What you are going through isn't beautiful but you have an amazing little girl to remember and will do great things in her memory. And that is beautiful.
I love Gary Allen, a very true song!
May Spring bring you Blessings. My thoughts and Prayers are yours.
I love that song :)
Kelly,
I love this song,it's just so true. I pray for you and your family everyday and I read your post daily.I took my girls to the park on maddie's 5 month birthday and I told them about her. They are 6 and 4 years old, I showed them Maddie's pic and the think she is just so beautiful. May you comtinue to be strong.
This is such a beautiful song with SO much meaning! Gary Allen amongst many other country singer artists can really tell some true life stories and express emotions that a lot of us can not express into words...its just how we feel on the inside. I am thinking of you and your husband and continue to pray for you and your husband during this time of healing in your life.
Kelley,
I too love this song. I listen to Gary Allan a lot. I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for you loss. I have 2 nieces that passed away. I know its very hard. I have a 4 month old and since I read your blog I check on her more than I did before. I think you are going to help a lot of people through your blog. My daughter wears big bows everyday and now every morning when I put 1 on her I think of Maddie. Oh and I was gonna name her Maddie too but we went with Marissa. Maddie is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby. I heard about your blog from th What To Expect website and im glad I found it. My heart goes out to you and James and all the rest of your family. I will pray for you daily
Hello...I was reading your blog and the part where you said that sids can happen to a second baby is true...but it is also true that once you have a history of sids in your family the Dr prescribes a machin somewhat like the ones in the hospital to your baby....it monitors your babys heartbeats and breathes....if your baby doesn't breath for 19 seconds or more it starts beeping all you have to do it move the baby or blow in his or her face and the baby will start breathing again....my cousin has a monitor and her baby is going off this monitor when she is a year old:) I hope this brings comfort to you and your husband:)
I was married to my husband for 3 years when I got pregnant with my son who is now 4 months. About a week after I told him I was pregnant he told me he wanted a divorce and didn't want to be a father. After that he spent about a month telling me how I needed an abortion and that it was legal until 26 weeks. He filed for divorce about a week before I gave birth to my son and has since given up all parental rights without never of even meeting our son. I pretty much broke down trying to figure out what I was going to do (i was a housewife before getting pregnant) and the 2 hours of sleep a day wore on me. I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and every time my son is crying for what seems to be no reason, or when he wakes up in the middle of the night right after I have just fallen asleep, instead of getting frustrated, I welcome it. No matter the hardships and sleepless nights that I know are in my future I have that beautiful little boy. It's because of you and your story that it makes me even more thankful every day that I have my son. I heal a little more everyday from the hurt my husband put me through and instead of being mad and upset I've learned to appreciate him for giving me my son, even if he chose not to be in his life. I couldn't imagine my life without my little boy and because of Maddie I am now a better Mother.
this song got me through the absolute worst experience of my life.... great song.
She is an angel! God bless you and your family!
Post a Comment