We are celebrating Maddie's 8 month birthday. I wish so badly that she was here celebrating with us. The thought always comes back into my head, "This just isn't fair!!!"
This morning I went and met Julie, my new teaching partner, for breakfast. We talked about Maddie and we both cried. She told me I am the strongest person she has ever met. I am glad people can look up to me for strength. But, I am stronger now then I ever wanted to be. I'm also proud of my self. I am living through the worst thing a mom can go through and I'm making it. I'm doing everything I can to keep Maddie's memory alive and to spread SIDS awareness.
After breakfast I came home and started cleaning. Our house is in need of a good clean.
Tonight James and I are going to go out to dinner for Maddie Day. We are going to sit and talk about how lucky we were to get to spend 4 months with our precious angel.
Today has been easier then I thought. Friday I think will be the true test of my strength. Friday is the day Maddie will be gone longer then she was here. Just typing those words make me sick! I knew this day was coming and it's quickly approaching. But, I think James and I are doing a great job keeping Maddie's memory alive. Maddie has touched so many people across the world!!
So, please remember not every day is guaranteed take pictures of your kids, love on this a little longer, give them 1 more kiss, let them stay up a few minutes later, give them that 1 piece of candy...because you just never know.
I want to say thank you to our friends, FB friends, blogger friends and family have sent us many wishes today. We needed them!!! Thanks SO much!!!
Happy 8th month birthday Maddie. Daddy and I love you and miss you SO much!!!!!








31 comments:
Happy Maddie Day! Maddie I do not need to pray to you tonight and tell you that you have the most incredible mom and dad. I think you already know that. But I will pray to you and ask you to continue to give them strength and to continue to heal your mommy's broken heart. You are a well loved and missed little girl. xoxo your follower from CA and mommy to Maddie's prayer friend. :)
Tight hugs!!
Don't dwell too much on the upcoming Friday. Look at the small milestones you've already overcome since she went to Heaven!! You've managed her 1/2 birthday... you went back to work... you've faced the world... EVERY day you are overcoming! Every day, you crawl out of bed and you live. That alone is a mountain to climb after a tragedy like this - and you're DOING IT!
Strength is an understatement. You, my Kellie, are a superhero. Keep on conquering.
Happy Maddie Day! I wish your beautiful angel were here to celebrate with you, but there is no doubt that she is looking down at you and is proud of how strong her mommy and daddy are!
Beautiful post!!!! Happy Maddie Day!
Since hearing of your story I ALWAYS give my little one an extra kiss or two before I put her down for bed...and I always have to make sure it's a good one right on her cheek.
Thanks for continuing to share your story with us and I will be praying for you this week.
Happy 8 Month Birthday Maddie! Always keep your chin up you are so much stronger that you will ever know. You and James are such and inspiration to parents everywhere and have changed so many peoples lives.
Love-n-Prayers,
Ashley
Happy Maddie Day! She is so blessed to have y'all as parents!
((HUGS)) and prayers for y'all!
Happy Maddie Day!! Thinking of you! XOXO!!
Laura Deckard
Happy Maddie Day! My thoughts and prayers are with you always!
Happy Maddie Day! I'm happy that you and your husband are going out to dinner tonight. That will be so good for you. I'm glad that you're facing your feelings instead of trying to keep them inside.
I look up to you, and think it's great that you've shared this hard experience with all of us. thank you
Happy Maddie day. You're so right, so lucky to have spent those precious days with your precious girl.
Thinking of you.
She's getting to celebrate with Jesus, today and everyday! Your everyday life is a testament to Maddie and to Jesus! Stay strong!
Dear Maddie, wishing you a very Happy 8 month Birthday!!! My own daughter will be 8 months in 10 days and I often think of you when I am with my little girl. Kellie, I know you are dreading tomorrow but you will get through it. You got through the most difficult day when Maddie got her angel wings. You will make it! Lots of love and prayers strength and grace tomorrow from our family. (Remember tomorrow is one day closer to heaven and Maddie!) xo
Happy Maddie Day!! Maddie is for sure with you today celebrating today with you!! Your family is continuously in my prayers!!
I'm glad you are finally recognize how strong you are because it is so true. I hope your Friday goes better than expected.
So many people, everywhere, are celebrating Maddie Day. You are truly blessed.
My favorite picture so far!!!
Thinking about you all today.....your in my thoughts and prayers Kellie. Hugs to you <3
Thinking about you all today Kellie. You all are in my thoughts and prayers <3 Happy Maddie Day <3
I just happened to see Maddie's cloud picture one day and have followed you since. Your story tugs at my heart. Because of your strength to share your story I never take a moment for granted with my girls. I am extremely grateful to you and even though we've never met, as another Mom I am so proud of your strength and spirit. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for helping me remember how valuable every single, precious moment is!!! Happy 8 months Maddie. I can only imagine that beautiful little face in your pictures smiling as she dances with angels. What lucky angels they are to have her for company!
Such a pretty little girl. Happy Maddie Day Momma. I've been praying for you every day over these last couple of months.
Happy 8 months to precious Maddie...we think of her (and you guys) daily. You are in our thoughts and prayers :)
Oh... this day is so special. I come by your blog often... and sometimes am not sure what to say. I wish I could give ya a big hug! I can't even imagine what you are going through. My heart hurts for you. But just want you to know there is HOPE out there for you guys. And a lot of people praying for your aching heart. Healing will come... ♥
My twins turned a year old on the 8th of this month. We had their party on Sunday the 12th. I knew it was getting close to Maddie's 8 month birthday. My daughter had a pink balloon filled with helium that said Happy Birthday on it. After their party I went to the front yard with the balloon and I let it loose into the sky. Watching that pink balloon float off into the clouds I got all teary eyed and I told Maddie it was for her. I hope you know how loved she is by everyone, even by people who have never met her.
Happy Maddie Day! I think of you and your story often. I truly admire your strength and courage. My daughter is a month older than Maddie, she will be 9 months tomorrow. Your story has definitely encouraged me to hold her more tighter and kiss her more often and to not get so frustrated when she tests my patience. And it has also made me more aware of SIDS. You are doing a great job of keeping her memory alive. Maddie will be remembered forever! Prayers to you all!
You are awesome! I admire your strength more than you could know. I will be praying for you and James this week, as a hard day approaches.
Happy Maddie Day! Thinking about you guys and sending lots of good thoughts your way
Happy Maddie Day! It breaks my heart that any parent has to celebrate this way. You are an incredibly strong woman, but it is always okay to feel this is not fair, because it is not. No parent should ever lose their child. Thinking of you today.
You are so right about letting your kids stay up late, etc. Because of myself reading your blog, I let my daughter stay up a little bit later some nights and let her eat some "junk" good from time to time. I cherish my moments with her so much more, and I thank you for that!
mommyof3 - That is so sweet. My little girl's 2nd birthday is in a few weeks. I think I'll have her send Maddie a balloon that day too! =)
Happy Maddie Day! My heart breaks for you everytime I read your blog and I just don't know what I'd do if I had to walk in your shoes. I don't know that I could go on, but reading your posts confirms that life can go on after death and whether we think His plan is fair we know that He has BIG things planned for that little girl! Enjoy your summer and good luck with your new teaching partner!
Post a Comment