Friday, June 17, 2011

The dreaded day...

Today went a lot better then I expected. It was a sad day but I made it.

I could feel the love, support and prayers lifting me up all day (Thank you all so much!).I know Maddie was around. I could feel her. I woke up and started talking to her. She didn't want me to be sad today, and I tried hard not to be.

I knew I needed to stay busy today so I took Bella to get a hair cut, then I went and ate breakfast with my mom.

After breakfast I went to my best angel mom friends house. Michelle was a hair stylist in her former career an amazing one I must say so she highlighted my hair. We did lots of girl talk . We talked about Maddie and her angel baby Anna Kathryn. I cherish my friendship with Michelle she "gets it". We can talk about things that other people just don't understand. She has helped me through many of these hard moments and today I am so grateful she was there to help me through this day. (She also cut my hair. I feel like a new lady!!!)

After getting my hair done I went and picked Bella up from the groomer and headed back to my moms house. We went and ate lunch and just talked. Then I headed home and James arrived a few minutes later. We went and rented a Red Box movie, "Go with it..".It was super funny!!!

Today I tried hard not to super unfair this is. I just tried to be happy and remember all the fun times with Maddie.

Today I wanted to post pictures from the day Maddie was born. It was a day I will never forget. Maddie was ready to come into this world (3 weeks early!) So, here she is... Ms. Maddie on her birthday..


I just noticed she was already doing her pouched out lips!







Dear Maddie,
Today marks a day I never wanted to even think about. Today you have been in heaven dancing with the angels longer then you were with mommy and daddy. Thank you for wrapping your wings around me today. I know you were with me all day. I felt very peaceful today. Maddie don't ever forget mommy and daddy love you so so much and we miss you so so much. Keep flying by we will always be talking to you!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

21 comments:

Leahsmommy810 said...

I love your courage! I pray for you and your family. May god and angel baby maddie always be with you :)

Catherine said...

Kell,
I remember the day Maddie was born like it was yesterday. I cant even believe what youve been through since. I feel honored to have been there the day she was born. I feel honered to have been there to see you feed her for the first time, see james feed her and change her for the first time, to see your mom and James parents with her and to see the look of love you had in your eyes for her. She knew how loved she was every single second on this earth. You were born to be her mommy. She is such a lucky girl.
I love you Kell. Im proud of you!

Allison said...

HI Kellie,
I love looking at pictures of Maddie! My youngest baby was born almost six years ago, so I was noticing the small square plastic device by her umbilical cord. I hope you don't mind me asking, Is that how cord blood is collected? My husband sees this everyday as an OB/GYN, but I've only delivered four babies, so I don't know. Also, did you notice how Maddie kicked the front part of her diaper? I can see the ink from her foot! Isn't it amazing how God made babies to be so flexible? Thanks again for sharing your photos. I love them!

Allison
Monument, CO

Gloria said...

I just wanted to say Hi Kellie!
I was thinking about you and James earlier this evening. I came to your blog to catch up on reading it!

Thanks for sharing the pics of Maddie's birth. They are precious.

Hope you will share some pics of your new hair cut.

As always, sending prayers and hugs your way sweet momma!
Also sending extra prayers for strength for you and James for Sunday. I know that will be an emotional day for you both!

*HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*

kimberly dyan said...

Kellie---I admire your strength and courage. You are always in my thoughts.

Siggy Love,

Kimberly :)

Lj82 said...

Beautiful from the very beginning.

Glad today was kind to you. I'm glad Maddie shared her love with you today.

Jennifer said...

I thought of you and your precious Maddie often today - sending you the warmest of virtual hugs and the hope that you would make it through the day in one piece. I'm so glad you were able to focus on the immeasurable joy that Maddie brought to your lives and that you found peace and strength through your little girl. Bless you and your husband. You are an inspiration to mommies everywhere.
Maddie looks beautiful in her birthday pictures! <3

Kacey said...

Praying for you!! I'm so happy you felt her peace with you today. Remember she's always with you. She's only a whisper away.

Tina Michelle said...

Lovely pictures, thank you for sharing her with us. I am glad you were surrounded by loved ones and got a new hairdo.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thinking of you today...
Hugs,
Teresa

Robin said...

I am glad you had a good day. I'm sure Maddie is too, and I'm sure she is so proud of her momma! Stay strong Kellie! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am so inspired by you. You are an amazing woman.

Samantha said...

I saw your blog a while ago through a friend who posted it on facebook and thought of you today! My daughter is almost 9 months old and somehow I felt like I knew you for forever just reading your blogs about your lovely family. Maybe the closeness to Maddie's age and my daughter's is why I feel a pull, but I just started to blog and immediately thought of you to follow! I've been praying for you since I saw your site and I hope you continue to feel the prayers so many are sending your way! Have a great weekend. =)

Jully said...

Beautiful photos!! Thank you for sharing. Congratulations for making it through the day. I prayed so hard that you would:)

Unknown said...

Kelly, Maddie will NEVER forget you. You are an amazing woman with an amazing angel daughter! My sister lost her daughter at full term still birth, and has these feelings all the time. She looks forward to the day when she can hold Stella again, as you do with Maddie. Jesus is telling Maddie all about you, as you would have told her all about Him. Lots of love and prayers for you and your family! ~Karie

Anonymous said...

So precious and lots of (((HUGS)) for you pretty lady! She is a very special angel you have watching over y'all! :)

P.S. I completely agree that getting your hair done does make you feel like a new lady :)!

Veronica said...

I'm glad you had some peace today. It must be amazing to have so many people around you to love and support you. I want you to know that you and little Maddie have helped me to cherish every moment I've had with my baby girl, Brielle. Just know you and your family are having such an impact on people you don't even know. Thank you for sharing!

Andalasia said...

I admire your strength. I just want to let you know I am still thinking of you every day. I am on holiday with limited access to a computer which is why I haven't commented for a few weeks.
Maddie knows you love her so much...she must be so proud of her wonderful parents.
I had a tough time with my daughter today, thanks for reminding me to go & love on her before she goes to bed.
Never forget all the good you have done by sharing Maddie's story.

Anonymous said...

<3

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm a few days late in commenting I was thinking about you so often this past weekend. I even had my husband pray with me for you guys. Thinking and praying for you often.

Traci said...

Aww, what a precious little peanut. Beautiful pictures. Hugs to you. =)

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.