Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I tried to make today a special day for James. I wanted to do anything I could to make today just a little bit easier for him.
Yesterday (Saturday) I gave James his fathers day gift from Maddie and I. We bought him a whole goody box of Meguires car wash stuff. He needed it that day to wash his car so I gave it to him early!
Today, James woke up before me. When I saw him this morning he looked sad. I told him Happy Father's Day, but he just seemed upset. I was doing everything to make him smile!

Today we started the morning off with a photo shoot of James and his dads car.We took some photos in a neighborhood by us then we drove to Brenham and took some more photos. We all has a blast!
Here are some shots I got..



After the photo shoot we went over to my aunt's house to see my dad and whole family. It was nice to see everyone. We have not gone to a family gathering since Maddie went to be with Jesus. It was sad tho, not having Maddie. I kept feeling like I was missing something and it is her (along with 1/2 my heart!).

I hope I made today so special for James. He is such an amazing father. Maddie is so lucky to have such an awesome daddy. I know she is flying with all her angel friends talking about how fun and sweet her daddy is!!!
Happy Father's Day James Maddie and I love you SO much!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Krissy_San4d said...

You both are amazing and can make it through anything. Maddie was a very lucky baby to get to spend her time on earth with such great parents. Happy Fathers Day James :)
Love The Sanford Family

Lj82 said...

Beautiful photo of your hubby and his little girl.

I'm sure Maddie's bragging to all of her friends. :)

crystal said...

Kellie,
That is so sweet. I know that Maddie is so proud of you and James!!! You guys are great and I love to see how sweet you two are to each other on your pages. Praying for you!!!

Melissa McDaniel said...

I was wondering how he'd be today. I'm sure it was very hard for him today. Just keep reminding him Maddie's there with him :)

Happy Fathers Day James!

Unknown said...

Such a special day. You really did a wonderful job on these photos and I just love that Saleen! Happy Father's Day to James. May the Lord keep you and comfort you.

Blessings,
Valene

Anonymous said...

Just recently discovered your blog by way of facebook. I wanted to let you know that you have a new prayer warrior since I keep finding myself praying for your sweet family. Thankfully you have your mom close by and a strong support group it sounds like. I have three children so I can only imagine your struggles since I have a mommy's heart too. Keep the faith and know that God has plans to prosper you and give you an awesome future! So glad to hear that you are another day stronger!

Anonymous said...

Just recently discovered your blog by way of facebook. I wanted to let you know that you have a new prayer warrior since I keep finding myself praying for your sweet family. Thankfully you have your mom close by and a strong support group it sounds like. I have three children so I can only imagine your struggles since I have a mommy's heart too. Keep the faith and know that God has plans to prosper you and give you an awesome future! So glad to hear that you are another day stronger :)

Jennifer Jade said...

Kellie - LOVE the car photos. Stunning, really. You are growing so much with your photography skills. Stay busy with all your crafting - Maddie is super proud of you for sure! You and James need to continue to be strong. I am sorry that James felt sad yesterday. It's okay to be sad, but I hope he knows that your sweet little Angel is always with you guys in spirit! Love to you both from Atlanta, Georgia!

Meg said...

I can imagine that it was a really difficult day for him but you did your best to try anything to make it better. Kudos to you for that!

Our Happy Little Family said...

Beautiful pic of Daddy & baby Maddie!! Happy Father's Day, James!!

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.