Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Here we go...

So far summer has been SO busy and I LOVE it.

I have made TONS of bows and a few blocks. I LOVE getting stuff done.

I love making bows. It is so peaceful and its just a great way for me to relax and heal.

I keep listening to this song.."Things are fixin' to get real good". He is singing about his career and "honkey tonks"..which have NOTHING to do with me but it makes me happy and believe things can only get better right??



Maddie's 8 month birthday is coming up next week. I want to turn the 14th into "Maddie Day" and make it a fun day. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, but hopefully it'll involve some sun!!

9 comments:

crystal said...

I think that is a great idea. Kendra does that for McKenzie and it is so sweet. It looks like a lot of fun too. Praying for you!!!

Lila Frank said...

Everyone should wear bows on Maddie's Day :) & you should take a day down to Galveston for beach, sun & a nice dinner :) Just suggestions!

Anonymous said...

I would say to take Maddie to a place you wanted to take her while she was here on earth on the 14th of every month. Just because she is not with you physically does not mean that she is not with you in spirit and all your dreams that you had with Maddie such as her first time to the water or maybe the zoo can still take place. It might be a good healing tool as well.

Anonymous said...

Kellie,

I think that making it Maddie Day sounds like a great idea! I am so proud of you for everything you have taken on to help in your healing process. I can't wait until my name comes up for the blocks :) You are doing everything right because you are doing what makes you happy. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says. Be true to yourself.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Emily Love said...

I just finished reading "Heaven is for Real" today and thought of Maddie the whole time. I know we don't know each other, but I feel like we do because I pray for your family each and every day. Reading that book made me so excited that I will get to meet little Miss Maddie in heaven one day! My dad is up there too and he has 4 daughters so I bet he's keeping an eye on her too!

Glad the summer is going well. We'll be celebrating Maddie Day down here in TN!

Emily

Amanda McCusker said...

I love songs that make you happy. It doesn't matter if it speaks about you or not. I like the idea of Maddie day. It would always be a good day!

Amanda
http://talesfromamother.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting this video. While the crap I'm dealing with is nothing compared to hand you've been dealt,this song was exactly what I needed to hear tonight.

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting this song. While the crap I'm dealing with is nothing compared to the hand you've been dealt, it was exactly what I needed to hear tonight.

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

I agree, everyone should wear a bow for Maddie!!! I saw a Maddie-bug at work today and I thought of you!!

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.