We knew it had come in and the granite had been broke. We were told it was going to be placed on a temporary piece of granite until hers came in. Well, they just didn't do it. We were told they were waiting for the real deal then it would be placed. They asked us if we wanted to see it anyways. We said yes.
As soon as I saw it I burst into tears. It has her name, and the poem James wrote on it but it also have her picture and let me tell you a baby does not belong on a headstone. It's beautiful it really is, but I shouldn't be looking at my baby girls marker!!!
We stood for a while looking at it crying and realizing it really is real. This is the final piece to the worst ,and ugliest puzzle of our life.
I am going to go again this week to make sure it really is there. I will take pictures then. Thanks for all the prayers.








25 comments:
:( It's so real, and it's really unfair.
I imagine it was hard to psych yourself up to go see the completed headstone, and then for it not to be ready... agh. I'm sorry Kellie, that beautiful face does not belong on a grave.
I know how much that sucks. It really hits you hard when you see it in stone. It was good closure for me and my husband, although we bawled and I still have my moments. Please know that others are thinking and praying for you every single day. Sending hugs, kisses and prayers your way.
I realize you do not know me, but I check you blog daily and I can't even begin to express my condolences to you and James. You are so strong and I really admire your courage and strength. Godbless you and your beautiful family!
My 3 1/2 year old found a lady bug today...I thought it was strange this time of year but it prompted me to pray for you. Now I know why. I will always think of Maddie and say a prayer for you anytime I see lady bugs. I am so very sorry Kelly... Wish there was more I could do for you than pray.
Oh Kellie, I am sending lots of prayers to both you and James.
You did something so impossible, so unimaginable, and came through it! What strength and courage you and James have. I admire your dedication to Maddie's memory by sharing your journey with us and thank you for your honest emotions. It is a privilege to pray for you both.
I've been following your blog since the beginning of all this nightmare, and I must say you and your husband are absolutely AMAZING! I lost my dad when I was 19 (I know it's not the same as a child as I now am a mother) but the pain of loosing anyone you love dearly is NEVER anything I would wish upon anyone, especially your own child. So for you and your husband to still be holding your head high and living your life as best as you can is so inspiring to many people. I still have my days that it doesn't feel like my dad is gone an it feels like it wa just yesterday that he passed away and it's been 7 years you will forever have your moments in life where you cry but my favorite saying I've ever heard is "tears are pain leaving the body" and "god never gives you more then you can handle" I truly in my heart believe that. May god bless you and keep guiding you day by day.
I am so sorry Kellie and James. I cant imagine what you are going through right. I only hope that I can be as strong as you Kellie one day. When there are days that I feel weak I always think of you and what has happened in your life. Thank you for sharing your story with us. You have made me a better and stronger mom to my daughter. I am sending you and James prayers each and everyday <3
I'm so sorry :( There just aren't words, you know? I'm sorry you have to go through this. Lots of prayers coming your way.
Kellie,
I am so sorry!!! Praying for you and James!!! Still praying for that little miracle too:)
My heart really hurts for you. Praying every day for yours and James strength.
Praying for you and James - stay stong. <3
Praying daily for you and James - stay strong!
Kelli
I hate this for you. No parents should have to go through what you are going through. Continuing to send prayers.
So sorry Kellie. :(
Oh, Kellie. Stay strong. Life is so unfair. I think about you guys and the loss you have suffered. I can't even begin to comprehend how you feel and just thinking about it sends chills up my spine. You have so many people praying for you and James and Angel Maddie. God Bless.
When Adams came at last, I felt the same way. After he died my husband and I really had some major problems. I would go to his grave and just CRY. Cry for him cry for everthing I lost and was loosing. Thank God I got some grief therapy and we as a couple did as well too. When his marker came it was so hard to see. I didn't put his picture on it since I don't have too many but I seen some in the baby area and it always makes me cry. I'm so sorry it's still so fresh for you. It gets better
From my mommy heart to yours......I am so so sorry!
Still praying for you and James.
Just know that your baby girl is in Heaven and that her grave only marks her body on earth. That shell of people isn't what we love so much, it is what's inside. The soul moves on and is free. So really, your Maddie is not stuck there in the cemetery. But when people walk by her grave, she will be remembered and thought of. It's just a marker that shows she is loved and celebrated.
I am sorry! I think about you daily, and I wish nothing but the best for you and James! I agree her picture does not belong on a headstone!
Hugs and prayers for you!
Big hugs to you, Kellie. I still cry when I think about what you guys went through. Nobody should have to go through that... lots of love...
I'm so sorry. Praying for you!
Bless your heart :( Keeping you and James in my thoughts and prayer's,everytime I look to the sky I think of your Maddie and I think of you doing the same,I wish you all the love and strenght and peace in the world that you can possibly have right now,just remember you are one day closer to her everyday! Lots of love,Trisha
Kellie, I have never left a comment on here but I keep up with what you post all the time. Im so sorry for you loss. I lost a niece in Jan 2011 it was the hardest thing I have ever been through. IT is still a struggle for my family. My sister in law (Tiffany Howard) has started "Blessing and Butterflies" I encourge everyone to please check out this on facebook. Trying to spread the word to all familys that has loss a child
I started reading your blog in the beginning of february last year. I read regularly until my life got too hectic for any me time. I sat down the other day and read through all of the months to catch myself up. I took a break to make dinner and my son found three lady bugs in our kitchen. I never comment but I couldnt believe at that moment he found ladybugs. I felt compelled to let you know your story touches my heart and we do pray for your family.
Post a Comment