It was so hard going there and seeing it.
I just kept thinking...
This is for real.
She is gone..it says it there.
I hate this!
She is gone..it says it there.
I hate this!
It all still feels like a bad bad dream.
We love you Maddie. We will NEVER forget you!









25 comments:
It breaks my heart into a million pieces to see that. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. ::hugs::
It is a very pretty marker though. I'm sure she would love it.
It's sad and beautiful at the same time. You're are so right that it isn't fair. My heart breaks for you and the pain you are experiencing.
(((hugs))) from a reader in Canada.
It's beautiful. Lots of (((HUGS))) and prayers for y'all!
It is beautiful.. I really like that you added her picture. Thinking of you and praying!!
It is beautiful Kellie. I am thinking of you guys.
When the headstone is finally placed it is such a bittersweet moment. I remember staring at my own daughters and thinking how beautiful it was and how I hated it at the same time. The rush of mixed emotions that come with each step in our journeys is so complicated that it cannot be described with mere words. My heart is with you as you navigate the soul searing pain of the beginning of your life long journey. Lots of hugs to you.
All I can say is WOW. Can't imagine...Can't even imagine. Prayers for you both.
It is beautiful. Constantly praying for you and your husband.
So bittersweet to have it up finally. ((hugs))
My first thought was, "I don't want to look at the photo." But, I'm glad I did, because it's absolutely beautiful. Can't imagine what it took for you to spend time making sure Maddie's marker was in place. You and James are in my daily prayers.
I'm SO sorry! The marker is beautiful!
It is beautiful and it is terribly sad. I think the same thing everytime I go to the cemetary to visit our son's grave. There should never have to be baby tombstones. Thinking of you today and everyday.
Wow...
I opened up the blog, and there were no words - just the picture of her marker to start out your post. How profound, and saddening, and final.
But it's not final, and never will be. You'll have her 1st birthday to look forward to, and then her second. You'll have anniversaries and angelversaries, and the clock will continue to tick until it stops for everything.
I pray that God gives you the courage to keep taking those steps forward with your chin up and your eyes on Him. I pray that he blesses you with another beautiful child with whom you will grow to love in the same way that you loved Maddie! (when you're ready of course!)
And if/when that happens... I'll be faithfully reading and rejoicing in the continued healing that you are experiencing.
Until then **hugs** He will see you through...
May the Lord comfort you and surround you and your home with peace. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Hang in there mama. It's beautiful and you are amazing. You'll be with her again some day.
Hi! I have an award for you on my blog. Please come on over and pick it up! Congratulations!
Kellie. James. I am praying for you both. What a beautifully heartbreaking post. That marker is gorgeous. That marker is horrible. A love-hate relationship. God Bless you, God Bless Maddie. One day (not soon enough) you will be together again. Stay Strong.
Love from GA
oxoxo
It's beautiful. I share a birthday with her and will be thinking of her as the day continues to get closer. <3
Maddie’s Headstone turned out so beautiful! Thinking of you and praying!
It's beautiful..
I remember the dad Hunter's headstone was finally placed. It made it all so much more real. It still breaks my heart to see it. I'm so sorry that you are a part of this "club".
I am so sorry for your loss. It's simply senseless :( I pray for you and think about you often. Hope your school year is going well. Your class is so lucky to have you!
Seeing this brought a tear to my eye. Love the little angel sitting on top. You chose a great photo too, she looks so precious.
It's beautiful!
I'm sorry.
It's so hard to see that final piece...we hate going to see our son's as well.
Kelly, it really is beautiful. Saying a prayer for you and hoping you have a good week!
Post a Comment