Wednesday, August 17, 2011

6 months

It has been 6 months since Maddie got her angel wings. It feels like an eternity ago. 6 months is a long time, but its a really long time when you are missing your daughter. Not a second in the day goes by that I am not thinking about her and missing her so much. Many days are still filled with lots and lots of tears.
The emptiness and pain is unbearable at times. Some times I wonder how I can make it another second without her. I wonder how I have lived 6 months without Maddie. Its been the worst 6 months of my life, but I'm still here. I know how I have done it.. with the support of my husband, family, friends and strangers. I honestly could not of made it this far without everyone reading this right now. I want to say thank you to everyone. Thank you for all the prayers, letters, e-mails, messages, cards, and comments. God is holding us up through all of this, and with everyone's support we have made it. We can keep living for our Maddie.
I hope the next 6 months are filled with more smiles, laughter and love. Maddie wants us to be happy.

I love you Maddie. Daddy and I miss you so so much. We can"t wait to see you again!



31 comments:

Laura said...

Your strength is amazing James is blessed to have a partner like you. Your daughter is beautiful and she will live on forever in your heart and in the hearts of all those who you've shared your story with.

Shay said...

Watching you deal with the loss of your baby has been heartbreaking. I cry every time I read it. It also amazes me how awesomely you and your husband have handled this. Obviously there is no right or wrong way but you two have been fearless. Your strength blows me away.

Kara said...

I like checking in on your blog and reading your honest words. I don't know you, you don't know me but you and James have touched my life in a way I can't even begin to describe. My family and I will continue to pray for you. Maddie is a perfect angel.

Robin said...

I have been thinking about you and James all day long today. I have been praying for you and James to feel comfort and peace today, knowing Maddie is still with you, and always will be. She is a beautiful angel and has the best parents ever. I wish nothing but the best for your family in the months and years to come. And remember, although we are mainly all strangers to the two of you, we are all here for you. God bless!

tk's mommy said...

<3<3<3

Erin said...

She is the cutest little babygirl ever and im sure she looks beautiful in heaven. I admire you so much. Your so strong.

Tiffany said...

I remember this being such a hard milestone for me. Thinking of you and wishing you peace.

crystal said...

Kellie,
We will always be here for you and James. That's what friends are for. I hate that there are so many of us that know how it feels to lose a child. I didn't realize how many mommies, out there, had empty arms until I started blogging. Some may be due to SMARD, SIDS, Miscarriage, Stillborn, and so many other things that you have never really heard of until reading their story. I am praying for you and just remember to never lose faith!!! When you're hanging by a thread, and the cliffs are rough just hang on to that last thread of Hope which is GOD and your Faith. Also you can do it for Maddie because she is so special to you and to each and every one of us that read your blog.

Their Mama! said...

I think of you and Maddie every day. I am so happy that lil ol' me has helped you through this terrible situation. Thank you for being so open and honest with your feelings. You and James are amazing people.. and Maddie misses and loves you just as much. She is very, very proud.
all my love. *hugs*

Jully said...

Most beautiful picture of you and Maddie. Thank you for your comments. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Your doing a great job:) Its not meant to be easy, your meant to cry alot, your meant to yearn and mourn. I often pray for you all.

Heather said...

Kellie I think you are a very strong Woman, wife, and mother! Maddie is watching over you and james making sure you two are okay and going strong through this time and yes she wants you to be happy, Something you'll always have to remember, be strong for maddie. My heart just breaks for you family.

Courtney said...

You've come a long way sweet lady . I know maddie is proud of how strong her mommy and daddy have been. 6 months is a long time and when it gets to you remind yourself one day you will get to spend eternity with your beautiful angel I hope that thought comforts you. I'm praying for your family

Sarah said...

She is one of the cutest babies Ive ever seen. Honestly. Praying for you and your husband always.

Katie said...

I always want to write a comment, but when it comes to writing it, I never quite know what to say. You are such a strong woman, and I think you are just an amazing person. You have suffered a terrible tragedy, yet you still are trying to find the positive in each day.. each moment. You are truly an inspiration and I hope that each day may be a bit easier for you.

Emily said...

keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers all the time. i have been following your blog since just a few days after Maddie passed, and i can't believe it has already been 6 months either. your story absolutely breaks my heart. i have a 14-month-old little girl, and i simply cannot imagine what i would do if i lost her. you have amazing strength and courage to share your story with all of us. thank you for allowing me to be on this journey with you, because it truly has made me love and appreciate my little girl even more. praying God continues to give you strength and comfort to face each day. God bless you and your family!

http://blessed-wife-and-mommy.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Your Maddie is so beautiful! I truely admire your strength. Your little Maddie watches over you every day!

BjMyAngel said...

Hugs :)

Kelly said...

I keep Maddie's picture on my fridge and Maggie and I say hi to her every morning before we start the day. You guys are honoring her every day by waking up and trying your best to lead happy lives.Love you!

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) and prayers for y'all! She is smiling at you right now with her angel wings saying, that's my mommy & daddy & they are amazing! xoxo!

Susan said...

You and James are the strongest people that I know. Each day that you get though brings you closer to seeing your Maddie once again. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

i came across this today and it made me think of you guys.

"Death of a Child"

Sorry I didn't get to stay.
To laugh and run and play.
To be there by your side.
I'm sorry that I had to die.
God sent me down to be
with you, to make your
loving heart anew. To help
you look up and see Both
God and little me.

Mommy, I wish I could stay.
Just like I heard you pray.
But, all the angels did cry
when they told little me
goodbye.

God didn't take me cause'
He's mad. He didn't send
me to make you sad. But
to give us both a chance
to be a love so precious...
don't you see?
Up here no trouble do I see
and the pretty angels sing
to me. The streets of gold
is where I play, you'll come
here too, mommy, someday.
Until the day you join me here,
I'll love you mommy, dear.
Each breeze you feel and see,
brings love and a kiss from me.

Author~Sandy Eakle

Erin said...

Remembering you in my prayers today.

Kim Brady said...

You are so amazingly strong<3

anwalker said...

Kelly, I have followed your blog since the beginning && I have to say you are an exceptional mom!! Your little girl is very lucky to still have a mommy looking out for her like you do. In the last 12 months I know babies that have earned their wings && being the mom of a 10 week early preemie it just hits so close to home, but my question to you is...what was the best advice or help someone gave you? Thanks for taking the time to read my comment & know that I will continue to pray for yours & your husbands healing. With <3 from Texas!

Natalie Ross said...

Kelly,
That picture is priceless. I love it. You and Maddie are beautiful. Thinking of you and praying for you. I can't believe it's been 6 months... 7 for us. Feels like an eternity. =(

Love ya,
Natalie

katie said...

i am a stranger to you kelly but i got to say you are truly an inspiration to me! your maddie is so beautiful and so are you! there is a christian song called blessings and i think of you when i hear the song! its by a girl named laura story! Her love story is amazing and why she wrote the song. keep fighting your battle just the way you have! you both are incredibly strong people and my family and i will continue to pray for you both!

Our Happy Little Family said...

You are amazing, Kellie!!

kkupfer said...

I know you have had such a hard time, I am so sorry. I have been following your blog for six months. I have always wanted to say something to you, I don't know why I am now. I know you can see Maddie again. I know with all my heart. I have been reading someone else's blog as well, she lost a child at 18months, if you want to read her blog I would be happy to give it to you. It is a sad story as well. (just warning you ahead of time.) I don't know why I think you should read it, but for some reason I keep thinking about you and this other blog. If you want to read it, you can email. My email is kevinsloveforever@yahoo.com
Hang in there, and I will always pray for you and your family.
Thanks

Scott, Natalie and Family said...

I have been following your blog for a while now...we also lost our sweet boy to SIDS. Jude was 12 weeks 3 days. It's been 3 months. Everyday is so hard, like you said. How have we made it this long without our babies? I pray for you and your family.

Kelly said...

Hugs to you Kellie! You are amazing and I pray for the happiness and laughter you hope for. it will get BETTER. She is always with you and you know that. She will never leave your shoulder, forever your angel. I pray that you find peace in the coming months. You and James are amazing and an inspiration. What you have done with your blocks and bows is fantastic and I hope you continue with these projects because I know how much they help. You know that we are all here for you, rooting for you, praying for you.

Irene K said...

i love that picture! so cute, I like that her little feet are a little blurry, I would bet because she was kicking them around, so happy. I think of your family often, you have taught me to hold my little one close and to never take a moment for granted, thank you for continuing to share your story with all of us, love from Austin, TX

LinkWithin

Photobucket
Using images by Laurie Ann at After 5 Designs and The Design Girl at ScrapMatters.