After that James and I cleaned our house ,we had to stay busy. Our house look like a different place. It isnt fair... I want to smell poopy diapers, and smell her soy formula.I want all of her stuff back. I want my house to be a mess because I do not have time to clean it. I want all of this back!!! I think the hardest thing about all of this is that Maddie was such a healthy girl. In 4 months she was never sick. She was so happy. She loved to laugh and smile. This was just so sudden, it leave everyone asking God, "WHY???". I don't understand and I probably never will.
The 2nd part of our day was the hardest. Our families came over and we went to the funeral home. Before we left I had the hardest job to do, pick out her outfit to be buried in. How am I supposed to do that? Half of her closet are clothes she will never get to wear! I was angry. I kept saying I cant do this!!!!! But, I did. I picked her 4 month outfit with a cute little bow. I also picked her favorite toy (which sings). I accidentally hit the button, it started singing and I lost it. This isnt happening. She is supposed to be playing with her "happy bear" right now!!!!!!! Luckily my dad took the batteries out of it. She is also going to wear the most special bracelet her G.G (great grandmother) gave her. We were going Monday to her 4 month check-up and we were going to get her ears pierced. She would look so cute with pierced ears and her Princess dress.
Soon after we headed to the funeral home. James and I debated on letting our parents make all the arrangements, but we decided on going (and as hard as it was I am glad we went). We had to help put her to rest. We are her parents. We did things parents should not have to do for a baby. We shouldn't have to pick out a place for her to lay. They shouldn't not make caskets this small!!! But, somehow we did it. There were many many tears shed. I searched and searched for a "bed" that doesn't look like a "casket". Its a pinkish purple pretty "bed" with the words "Princess" in the lid. I think she would like it.
The funeral home was so sweet to our families. We never got to see Maddie at the hospital. They said when they get her they will call us and we will be able to come and hold her and say our goodbyes before the funeral. I am truly grateful for this. Its going to be very hard but I think I need some sort of closure.
Today we are going to have another hard day. James and my brother have to go buy a suite and my mom and I have to buy buy a dress for the funeral. Its going to be hard. We shouldn't be doing this.
Thanks everyone for all of your kind thoughts and prayers. We can feel all the love around us. This is what we need right now love and prayers. So, please keep praying.








51 comments:
You guys are in my constant prayers and I am sorry you are having to go through all of this. We are here for you.
I am new to your blog, but so terribly, terribly sorry to find you in this manner. Your little girl is in my thoughts.
You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. You're doing something no parent should ever have to do. My heart is breaking for you. I pray you lean on your families, friends & most importantly God during this time.
You shouldnt be doing this Kellie. My heart is so broken for you. Im proud of you for making it to the funeral home. I know that was one of the hardest things youve ever done. I think her "bed" sounds perfect! A pink princess. Your being very strong. I love you.
I just found your blog through another, but I am so very sorry for your loss. You are right - they should not make caskets that small, and this is not fair. My heart aches for you and your family. May the memories you made with your precious daughter on Earth console you during this dark season. Praying for you all.
You are so strong Kellie. You're right, you shouldn't have to do any of this - no one should.
I am continually praying for you and I hope you are feeling the love coming toward you right now. There are so many lifting you and your family up right now.
Love you girl
Continuing to pray for peace and strength for you.
continuing thoughts to your family kellie <3
Praying still :( SO SO SO sorry for your loss!
My heart is breaking for you and your family. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
I am so sorry! Nothing I say can do one bit of good. I have been praying for something I don't know what. God knows and I pray he will hold you up through this. You are right, this shouldn't be happening and I'm so sorry.
Kellie & James, I am so very sorry for your loss. You many not know me (I am mamanama at TMP) but I always remember your kindness Kellie and your smile. I can't imagine the incredible pain the two of you must be feeling. I know there is nothing I can do to give you comfort right now except to let you know I am praying for you.
i replay the day we had to go to the funeral day in my head as i read your post. i'm so sorry. you are right, they shouldn't make caskets or urns that small. and i hate that they do, and i hate that you had to endure that too. i'm so sorry. i of course will continue to pray for you and your hubby. if you ever want someone to talk to, please please feel free to email me any time. canesgirl115@yahoo.com
I also recall the day we had to go to the funeral home, going to the cemetery and picking things out for him to wear. Everyone is right, that NOBODY should have to do this. We are praying for you and your family. I have found the most strength in sharing my sweet baby with others, and knowing I am not alone. You can also email me if you'd like: deanna@riversrally.org
You don't know me, but I am active on TMP...and I came to your blog because of Anne. I'm sitting here crying for you right now. I can not even imagine what you are feeling. And even though we don't know each other, I just wanted to tell you that I love you, and you are in my prayers. And as much as you are in terrible pain right now, I hope that somewhere in all of this, you find God's peace. He knows what you are going through, and He will carry you through this. Big Hug!
Love, Kelly
Kellie I prayed for you guys all night and mourned for Maddie. I am just so broken for you. I love you sweetie and we are all here for you for prayers and support and whatever else you may need *hugs*
Prayers and tears are flowing. I'm so glad that you have such a supportive family around you right now. Nothing will make this easy, but sticking together will make you stronger. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words...may you find peace and comfort soon. hugs.
I'm so sorry...I too remember that day, going to the funeral home and planning our daughters funeral, it all seemed so surreal. And thinking about what to wear to your child's funeral, such an awful thing to have to consider. Continuing to pray for strength for you and your family and gentle moments that allow you to feel the love that so many are sending your way.
I thought about you all night Kellie. I am so very sorry. I read your blog and tell myself "this isn't fair, you guys shouldn't have to be doing this". My family and I are continuing to pray for you and your family and asking our church to do the same. My heart is aching for you and your family right now. I pray that you can find the strength to get through each day.
I just came to your blog to tell you how unbelievably sorry I am for your loss. I cannot even imagine what you must be going through. I'm praying for you and your husband and the rest of your family as you go through this unbelievably hard time..
My heart is breaking for you guys right now. No parent should have to experience the things you are. I am so sorry.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
from one mother to another,
from one mother to an angel girl, to another
my thoughts are with you. i dont need to know you, to understand your loss and this cruel pain that your feeling.
go slow, you will feel this for the rest of your days. go easy on yourself, be or do nothing. scream, cry, lay down, do as you must, it is the saddest thing in this whole world, and only you can feel what your feeling.
you will never be the same, nor will this world be the same to you either.
its been 6 years since i lost my daughter, she was 2 months, 6 days old. does it get easier? no, it becomes different. time becomes your friend and enemy at the same time.
i wish for you, some peace. small breaks in your overwhelming grief to catch your breath.
thought to you and your family.
xo
(hugs) I am so very, very sorry.
I am so, so sorry. This is so heartbreaking, and no parent should have to go through this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
(P.S., I deleted my last comment because I realized my hubby was still logged in -- sorry about that!)
Continuing to pray. I am so broken for you.
I am so sorry for you loss. Your family and little girl are in my thoughts and prayers.
i know you don't know me. i am a friend of a friend. i truly hope you are not bothered that i read your post. i just want you to know that i have been thinking of you and your family since i read your posts and have kept all of you in our family and personal prayers. Heavenly Father and Jesus love you and through them families can be together for ever. please know that people all over are praying for you.
I'm am terribly sorry for your loss, You don't know me but i found you through mutual blogger friends. I'm deeply sorry, No mother or father should ever have to go through this.
Here via a friend, sending many hugs and prayers. My deepest, deepest condolences.
Kellie and James, Sorry I'm just posting now, but I just didn't know where to start...I am so so sorry for what you two are going through. You're right, you should not have to do this, no parent should. I feel your pain so deeply and have shed many tears myself just thinking of you and trying to put myself in your shoes...I pray for you each day that passes. My heart is Broken too...at least you and James have each other and now Maddie, an Angel watch over you...
There are tears streaming down my face for you. I hurt like I know you, like I knew Maddie. Sorry does not even describe how I feel for you. My heart is broken with you. I hope I can't ever understand what you are feeling, but please know that if you ever need someone to just listen, I'm here. You and your sweet angel will be in my prayers tonight.
:( I've been thinking about this ALL day... constant prayers run through my mind for you and your entire family!! I don't think you'll understand what your blog will do to so many families every where.. tonight.. my daughter will sleep with me and I shall hold her extra tight..And never take another moment for granted.. thank you
I am so sorry. I was reading your posts and crying my eyes out. I traveled your journed 23 years ago when I lost my Noelle Angelina to SIDS at 6 weeks of age. I have stood in your shoes. And I am hating that you are standing in mine. I will pray for you. I will send all my love and compassion your way. If you would like to contact me my number is 609-742-5173. I am a mother, I know your pain and I will listen.
I can't even begin to fathom how hard this must of been for you. I know you may not feel this way at the moment but you are very strong. Surrounding you with comforting energies.
Blessings,
Jamie
Kellie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, This is going to be a long road, but with God all things are possible. I lost my son 2 years ago in a tragic car accident. Not a day goes by that I dont think of him, but God had plansd through his passing. I am not ministering to woman who have lost children in hopes that they have someone to lean on. Praying for your stength today!
I know you don't know me, but my heart aches for you and your family right now. We played that same Kenny Chesney song at my little brother's funeral this summer... oh how he loved Kenny Chesney!!...
It's a pain no parent should have to go though, and I know it all too well. I am praying that you and your husband find peace in the days to come. Your little Maddie is watching over you and will bring you strength in your darkest hours. I am praying for you all and will ask my brother to watch over your little princess.
Putting pink bows in my little girl's hair today :) God Bless you Maddie... you have touched so many people's lives!!
My heart is breaking for you. I hope you find comfort somehow, some way.
I know my loss isn't the same as yours, we all have a different story. For me I have answers and I know why my daughter didn't live. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost baby Ruth just 10 months ago when I gave birth to a very sick baby at 21 weeks. We knew she would never make it on earth, but that didn't make it easier. It took us 4 years to get pregnant with her, just to lose her. Thank you for sharing your story, it brings me to tears, but it also makes me think about my Ruthie. I blog as well if you wanted to come on by, here is the link to her birth.
http://seibert-family.blogspot.com/2010/04/story-of-ruths-birth.html
I found your blog through facebook. I am crying with you right now. I cannot even imagine the ache you must be going thru. I will be praying for you & your husband. No words can heal, but your story and your precious Maddie will minister to people worldwide through your blog. Lean on the Lord. Be mad, cry, hurt...heal.I will be praying for you as I would my own family...
I am so terribly sorry to you both.......i am not a mom yet but cant even imagine having to deal with that.....you all will remain in my prayers. I also hope god will give you all the strength you need to continue each day
I am so so sorry. My prayers are with you and your husband.
Came across your blog and i have to say that I admire you so very much. It brought tears to my eyes reading what you've had to go throug. I have no kids, but I have come very close to losing my husband a few times already. You have an amazing strength! God bless you and your family. Though I dont know you, you are in my prayers.
I am so sorry for your loss, I know this does not ease your pain, your Angel and family are in my thoughts heart and prayers
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain and suffering you and your family are going through. You are in my prayers. Maddie was a beautiful angel, what a sweet child.
I am bawling my eyes out reading about your story. Our children are the same age, and have quite the same story- Ironically, I feel even though my child is a boy, that him and Maddie look quite similar. I didn't want to drop my baby off at daycare this morning. I'm sick, and my husband did it for me. I probably can't sleep now because I'm anxious just to pick him up and hold him. I don't know what to say, other than your daughter is a doll. God needed her, and he needed you to continue this journal to help yourselves and others. Prayers from CA. -Amy
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. I just stumbbled upon your blog.
Post a Comment